Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Detailed coverage for 8.65 European map Zones
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Detailed coverage for 8.65 European map Zones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyskamm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Detailed coverage for 8.65 European map Zones Reply with quote

Tomtom is currently (8.65) offering to install one of five map zones to owners of Europe/Western & Central Europe maps with devices with a 2GB internal memory limit.

It should be noted that Europe and Western & Central Europe (including the 2GB versions) are exactly the same map, with no difference whatsoever but the name.

Remember that you can always switch map zone using Tomtom Home and that only 2 out of 5 zones include Uk (Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg and of course The Netherlands are included in all zones Wink)
If you have a SD slot you can of course install the full map (a 4GB card is all you need).

The detailed coverage is as follows:

North
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.

South
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Canary Islands and the Vatican City.

West
Andorra, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the Canary Islands and the Vatican City.

Central
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the Vatican City.

East
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Vatican City and Turkey.

For pictures and instructions on how to switch maps:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12185/

Last edited by lyskamm on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I download a zone, and then my 2 year map upgrade expires and I want to change a zone I can still download the zone but for the last zone version that was available when my 2 year upgrade expired.

If that makes sense, Laughing Out Loud! Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download all the zones made available and keep them on your PC, you can then use Home or Windows Explorer to add/ remove the zones to the device at a later date - Mike
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

How do I download all the zones? TT wants to just install to the device memory.

And to change zones I am not sure how to preserve all my POIs in the current Europe_North folder.

Would I just copy the map files to Europe_North and delete the other zone maps?

Ta, Rich
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Western Europe zoned maps and have downloaded the complete map to a 4GB card, and I downloaded the zones in turn to the device and moved them to my computer.

Now I have one zone on the device, in my case, the Western zone including all my UK POIs, and the European POIs are on the complete map on the card.

Now when in the UK I use the Western zone and when in Europe, I simply switch maps. This way it's very simple to have the correct POIs and Camera warnings wherever I am.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: