Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 865 Maps Out Now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

865 Maps Out Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
OMG OMG OMG station road bexhill is finally had the missing piece of road added ...have only been doing it since we could send these errors off

Have also notice under browse map the map movement is a lot faster than it used to be

And it's not on Google Maps yet, so it sounds promising that TT may be pulling their fingers out?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chantilly Way in Epsom is now present and correct. Only 5 years after it was completed. And 6 months after I move from the area..... Lol

Admittedly they had it half right in the last release but now the non existent road has been removed! That's what happens when you draw maps from plans and not the actuall roads that exist!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly on my Carminat I can't "Operate my Carminat" in Home. Anybody care to do a test run back and forth across the old Severn Bridge (M48), without MapShare, to see if they've done away with the incorrect 40mph speed limit?

Start at 51.60106,-2.61843. (Or Bristol to Chepstow and return).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK&ROI has got smaller !! 710 was 128.9 MB and kept growing with 860 being 189.7MB. 865 is 166.4MB.

Took about 10 mins to download, MapSettings.cfg copied across and working OK. Now to see what has changed Rolling Eyes
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
.... to see if they've done away with the incorrect 40mph speed limit?
40 Westbound, 70 Eastbound still. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to use my LMG and update to 865. HOME is still offering me 860 as an update. Does this offer change to 865 after a few days? (I've not clicked on the Use Latest Map Guarantee on the drop down menu at the top of the HOME screen in case it will just dump 860 onto my TomTom).
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
DennisN wrote:
.... to see if they've done away with the incorrect 40mph speed limit?
40 Westbound, 70 Eastbound still. Confused
Thanks, Richard. It must still be windy. Maybe we should all use MapShare so that we can get my correction (to 71mph).

My Carminat didn't retain my recent destinations, but does still have my Home location. I can't check anything else until I drive off.

jonbaker12345 the drop down menu has always previously not been a one-off click, so we've always had the opportunity to decline to proceed, then get onto TomTom. Yes, it often takes a couple of days for LMG to catch up.

jonbaker12345
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis! I knew you had told me of the usual delay previously, but I didn't want to try the LMG via the dropdown menu - anyway, it's good to know I'd still get chance to decline 860 if I went down that route. I'll wait a few days and try again. No real hurry, I guess. Thanks once again.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbaker12345 wrote:
No real hurry, I guess.

Actually there is! TomTom trumpet about how maps change and you should buy their map update service so that you can always be driving with the latest map, so this niggle with the Latest Map Guarantee is annoying. More than annoying, some customers will download the 860 maps this week and think they have been given the latest one. If they discover otherwise, they'll have the hassle of pestering TT to get it put right. It's not as if LMG and Map Update Service are new, untried features - they should have somebody responsible for ensuring that as soon as the new maps are available to buy, both those services should be working before anyone else can buy them. I can't test the other thing, but the next poster is supposed to post that Operate my Go doesn't work yet with the new map. (I can't test it because Operate my Carminat doesn't work with any map!).

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I trouble people for another look please? London congestion charging zone. Navigate from Hammersmith to Victoria & Albert Museum (or Harrods) should now no longer alarm for toll since reduction on 4th January. My question (twice reactivated) was referred to TT second line support for answer as to whether the change would be incorporated into this map and is still awaiting their response!

spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advised Teleatlas of a map update on my birthday last year; it relates to my house (built in 2005) whose street name doesn't appear on any map - TomTom, Google etc.

My update is flagged on their website as: "Our automated processes have determined that there is sufficient information in your report for us to examine and work the issue." They have yet to: "See the problem", "Work on it" and "Complete working on it".

Any bets how many birthdays will pass before it appears on a TomTom map?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 wrote:
Any bets how many birthdays will pass before it appears on a TomTom map?

Aw c'mon, be fair. You live in the East Midlands for crying out loud!! Have you got that new electric in the houses yet?

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 wrote:
I advised Teleatlas of a map update on my birthday last year; it relates to my house (built in 2005) whose street name doesn't appear on any map - TomTom, Google etc.

Just because it happened to me with an other new road yesterday, have you tried Streetview? On the one I looked at, the satellite Google maps view didn't even have much by way of excavation, but Streetview was plain as the nose on your face.

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Congestion Charging Zone... From TomTom this morning... after I asked if second line had anything more on it, as the new map was released yesterday...
Quote:
Dear Dennis,

The reference number for your query is 110206-001046.
Thank you for contacting us. My name is Lauri from Customer Care and I am assisting you with this query.

I have just had an update from the horse's mouth so-to-speak, or our map development team on the subject.

I can tell you that the new London Congestion Charging Zones have not been updated into the new maps. The reason was that the information was only officially released in October. By this time it was far too late to change the data for the current iteration of maps.

However as the following map v870 is going into testing next or the following week, I will be able to confirm with our map development team on whether it will include the new London Congestion Charging Zones and will update you on it as well.

That is so annoying, another three months before they get the congestion charge zone sorted. Incidentally it also gives some faint idea as to how up to date the new map is - nothing as late as October. October was far too late, so the map data is far older than October. What a shame - all your mapshare corrections for the last six months still won't be considered. Laughing Laughing Laughing

LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look at those facts it really makes it plain what a carve up these latest map guarantees are. Ok they may well be the "latest" map but in reality they are more like 9 months old+.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: