Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Downloading Speed Cameras to a Garmin 255wt
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloading Speed Cameras to a Garmin 255wt

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrinklyrocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Downloading Speed Cameras to a Garmin 255wt Reply with quote

I have just had notification that my speedcams subs have gone through, but before I try and down load them I would be grateful if anybody especially “Garmin” users could tell me which the best way to download them I have watched the Garmin video several times where the existing cameras are not removed before downloading the new ones. If I do this what happens to the old ones, do I get duplicates on the map? If I remove the existing Garmin ones can I retrieve them if for some reason I botch the download? Hopefully this is the last time I will have to impose on your time.
TIA
wrinklyrocker
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to prefer the Consolidated database. However you can try both and see which you prefer.

Each time you load the database the old one is automatically deleted however this includes your non speed camera POIs too (petrol stations, supermarkets etc) so you must load those too. You do this by putting everything in one folder and uploading with POILoader in one go.
wrinklyrocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: ATT PaulB2005 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, very reassuring. I will keep fingers crossed as I have not the best track record with this sort of thing.

Thanks again
wrinklyrocker
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you spend a fair bit of your life in Brittany wrinklyrocker (lucky you, I love the place!). So once you have got used to handling the UK camera database, you may feel you want to add in the French ones. (I'm pretty sure it's ok to use them in France).

If you do, you'll find advice already on here about handling the UK + continental databases together (needless to say, it's a bit more complicated Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes ). Any problems there, ask again.

So don't worry about 'imposing on us' - it gives some of us something to get up in the morning for! Razz
wrinklyrocker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for your reassuring response to my POI’s download plight. I had a response from Darren who is taking me through the problem stage by stage. I am not due in Brittany until Easter, as my e-mail address suggests I am a rock & roll vocalist (of sorts) working only nowadays for good causes and charities both in the UK and Brittany. We have a house near Guingamp so between gigs I do the maintenance jobs that are needed. My wife still works full time in the UK and as such I go to Brittany on my own except for holidays. Although the weather is not much different to the UK I like every thing else about Brittany. The people, the space, the beaches and restraints etc,etc. N.B. I speak very little French but manage to get by. Wink
Thanks for your time
Wrinkly rocker
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you've continued in a new topic in the speed cam section HERE, I'll lock this one now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: