Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Fuel Price feature is discontinued
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Fuel Price feature is discontinued
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:
.... on that basis I have no right at all to expect it to do anything else other than to cause a regular stream of problems and difficulties for the end user? Crying

Not at all.
If you read some of my posts you'll see I can be equally critical of some aspects of TomTom's products and how they deal with them.

So by all means feel free to write messages to TomTom, every day if you wish, telling them what is wrong with their devices.

But this forum is not TomTom, and as everyone keeps trying to tell you, we don't need to hear about it every time you reply to posts here. Please re-read Darren's pleas above, he says it very well.

I'll only add that I also have a Go940 and apart from the very occasional re-boot, it is working pretty damn well at the moment.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
WackyRaces wrote:
.... on that basis I have no right at all to expect it to do anything else other than to cause a regular stream of problems and difficulties for the end user? Crying

Not at all.
Please re-read Darren's pleas above, he says it very well.

Actually, Anita put it rather better in another thread....
Anita wrote:
Robbooth reported the successful outcome of the battery flattening exercise in 97 words, nine of which were used to say thank you to members for their help.

WackyRaces took 1,425 words.

I wonder which one people bothered to read

WackyRaces please try to reduce the repetitions, similies and metaphors - cut to the meat.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some statistics on this thread may be instructive as I note that there has been a total of 47 posts (up to this post) but that 23 of these have been made by four moderators and two members of staff.

Last edited by WackyRaces on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for heaven's sake, are you just trying to wind us up?
It's been explained what our issues are with your posts, hopefully politely.
I now refuse to be drawn into further discussion about your trollish ways.

You have some useful and interesting things to say but do not be surprised if the admin or mods now feel it necessary to edit your posts to remove the repetitive moaning in order to make those points visible.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad business when people's attention spans are so short they can't be bothered to read a post longer than a couple of sentences. And this pile-on of mods giving WackyR a repeated (and wholly unjustified) kicking is a most unedifying spectacle.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
do not be surprised if the admin or mods now feel it necessary to edit your posts to remove the repetitive moaning in order to make those points visible.

I saved them the trouble by removing any material in my posts that was clearly unappreciated around here, especially anything that was unduly critical of that great forum god known as TomTom. Not Worthy
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always think of a forum as a face-to-face chat with my mates in a pub and make my comments short and to the point; seems to work OK.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:
I saved them the trouble by removing any material in my posts that was clearly unappreciated around here, especially anything that was unduly critical of that great forum god known as TomTom. Not Worthy

come on, stop it now. we're as annoyed with tomtom's recent lack of performance as anyone and in no way is this a 'tomtom forum'.

all that was asked was that you try to make your posts more concise.

it's just getting silly now. many people have asked that you ease off with the length of your posts. not one single person has told you not to slate tomtom for what they deserve. the fact is, pretty much all of us agree - but it's just very hard to read such long posts to try and see the parts that we are agreeing with!

MaFt
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 wrote:
I always think of a forum as a face-to-face chat with my mates in a pub and make my comments short and to the point; seems to work OK.

It sounds to me as though your friends are very different from mine then as any conversations I might have with them on an issue or vica versa either on the phone or out at a restaurant or even at a pub would usually tend to be much longer than anything I might post in the forum.

Also when I am chatting to my friends I don't ever recall them telling me that something I have just said is Off Topic or them suggesting that I am being a troll.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:
spook51 wrote:

It sounds to me as though your friends are very different from mine then as any conversations I might have with them on an issue or vica versa either on the phone or out at a restaurant or even at a pub would usually tend to be much longer than anything I might post in the forum.

Shocked

No more to be said really.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:
Also when I am chatting to my friends I don't ever recall them telling me that something I have just said is Off Topic or them suggesting that I am being a troll.

Maybe they're asleep ZZzzz.....
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
Maybe they're asleep ZZzzz.....

Or may be they just have a longer attention span. Razz
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:
andy-c1 wrote:
As being a company car I don't care about price I just want fuel

So doesn't your company care how much it pays for the fuel you use then. Shocked

I tend to try and fill up when the red lights starts flashing before I run out of fuel .when you are 100s of miles from anywhere yes I tend to find the nearest station and put £20 in ..I always use Sainsbury
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
I tend to try and fill up when the red lights starts flashing before I run out of fuel .when you are 100s of miles from anywhere yes I tend to find the nearest station and put £20 in ..I always use Sainsbury

Does your car enjoy drinking inferior quality fuel with no performance enhancing or engine cleaning additives that is no cheaper than the cheapest stations run by Shell or Esso then?

I see that www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/tomtom-go/nuvi-37xx.htm show that I can get the new Garmin Live unit for 1690 unit for £153.30 delivered from Pixmania and then get another £4.65 cashback by using www.topcashback.co.uk, so taking the price down to £148.65 Its almost tempting to have the correct cheapest price fuel price available as you drive around if you didn't also have to pay another Live services charge on top. So perhaps the money is better spent though on a Smartphone and the www.petrolprices.com app instead.

When you say you are 100s of miles from anywhere do you mean London? In the UK you are usually never more than 70 or so miles away from the nearest open petrol station, even in the middle of the night.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:
So perhaps the money is better spent though on a Smartphone and the www.petrolprices.com app instead.
I wonder how many fill ups of super duper, cheap engine cleaning petrol you wold have to buy to recover the price of a smartphone Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: