Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speech recognition problem TT 750live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speech recognition problem TT 750live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiyero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Speech recognition problem TT 750live Reply with quote

Hi

I have recently purchased a Tomtom 750 live.

I have two problems if anyone can help.

1. Speech recognition works when i am at home and generally it understands my commands. In the car , however, even on quiet roads at low speed it just doesn't get my commands. Anyone any idea what I can do, or does the unit need replacing?

2. I get an error message 1001 on occasions saying there is a problem with the SIM card when i use traffic.

If anyone can help that would be great. thanks
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Speech recognition problem TT 750live Reply with quote

fiyero wrote:
Hi

I have recently purchased a Tomtom 750 live.

I have two problems if anyone can help.

1. Speech recognition works when i am at home and generally it understands my commands. In the car , however, even on quiet roads at low speed it just doesn't get my commands. Anyone any idea what I can do, or does the unit need replacing?

2. I get an error message 1001 on occasions saying there is a problem with the SIM card when i use traffic.

If anyone can help that would be great. thanks

1. I personally have never found speech recogntion to be of much use to me and have never found it to be 100% effective. But, that's just me. I think it is more of a gimmick than an asset. I find it works (for me) only about 50% of the time. Others do find it useful and more effective and perhaps they will have an answer to help you.

2. Error code 1001 on Live Services. The TT web site says there is an intermittent problem (error code 1001) with live services and it suggests help methods to recover them. See here http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13356/p/141%2C2448/c/2356

PS Welcome to the Forum.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Speech recognition problem TT 750live Reply with quote

fiyero wrote:
2. Error code 1001 on Live Services. The TT web site says there is an intermittent problem (error code 1001) with live services and it suggests help methods to recover them. See here http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13356/p/141%2C2448/c/2356

I wonder for how long they have been "investigating with high priority" and if they will ever find a solution or if their solution is actually called the 1000 series. Rolling Eyes

As to voice recognition its so poor I discounted bothering with it on day one although given all the rules about not using your hands to do things other than driving I'm sure it would be a good idea if it did work.

Also I'm surprised the OP does not mention Bluetooth hands free calling as being a problem as that is another aspect of the TomTom Go series that just cannot be relied on and that only works sporadically rather than faultlessly and constantly.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's always the old bug where the TomTom would send you to the wrong favourite when selecting one by speech recognition, even when you see and hear it select the one you want - I'm guessing TomTom never fixed that!!
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
there's always the old bug where the TomTom would send you to the wrong favourite when selecting one by speech recognition, even when you see and hear it select the one you want - I'm guessing TomTom never fixed that!!

How on earth could they not fix an appalling error like that which could waste hours of people's time if they were travelling in an area they were unfamiliar with.

TomTom really don't seem to take any professional pride at all in the technical competence of their product. All they actually seem to care about is inventing new ways to charge customers more cash at much higher prices than any of their competitors (eg no lifetime map update option still for units sold in Europe while Garmin have introduced this).
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or how about navigate via? On New Year's Eve I asked it to nav from Yeovil to Keynsham, then Find Alternative, Travel via City Centre, Wells. No chance, it never routed off the A37!! Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But surely it's reasonable for TomTom to assume that those using speech recognition will be in possession of some teeth to enable them to enunciate the directions in a recognisable fashion. Rolling Eyes
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: