Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated to 1.9 and used DiskAid to add the cameras and voices (today's new set) and mapsettings.cfg and .pngs from the 1.8 version.

I can see the icons on the screen but I get no warning voices.

Done a full reboot and checked the naming, but it's silent on the warnings. Direction voices are OK.

Is there a problem with the mapsettings.cfg ? Do I need a later one?
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files you used for 1,8 are fine with 1,9

Did you install a set of ogg files?

Double check the location you placed the mapsettings.cfg file, I would also copy it this file to the iPhone again after double checking the TomTom app isn't running in the back ground - Mike
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a try and reinstall the mapsettings. It must be in the right place because it asked me if I wanted to replace the one that was already there.

.ov2 and .ogg files installed from the latest PGPSW update 26 Oct. png files copied over from the previous install.

Only the png seem to show. And then only as map icons, not flashing in the corner when approaching the camera.

Been out all day. Will let you know if I'm successful.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
Updated to 1.9 and used DiskAid to add the cameras and voices (today's new set) and mapsettings.cfg and .pngs from the 1.8 version.

Done a full reboot and checked the naming, but it's silent on the warnings. Direction voices are OK.

I too experienced the "I can see the icons on the screen but I get no warning voices".
I reloaded the mapsettings file I got from here to get things working correctly again.

It seems the new TomTom v1.9 didn't like my mapsettings file I was using before the update. I just needed to re-add my own Home and favourites again, no biggie though, glad it's all working again Smile
CupraR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up and all seems fine. Thanks very much Mike.

Quick question though if I may,

So when I update to latest Speed Cam Release I only need to transfer over the OV2 files to my IPhone?

Thanks in advance.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CupraR wrote:
So when I update to latest Speed Cam Release I only need to transfer over the OV2 files to my IPhone?

That is correct - Mike
Teessider2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TraceT wrote:
sgould wrote:

I too experienced the "I can see the icons on the screen but I get no warning voices".
I reloaded the mapsettings file I got from here to get things working correctly again.

It seems the new TomTom v1.9 didn't like my mapsettings file I was using before the update. I just needed to re-add my own Home and favourites again, no biggie though, glad it's all working again Smile

Where is this cfg file you used please??

Last edited by Teessider2007 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you update the app it will load a new map along with all the other files required for the app to work, only the old mapsettings.cfg will remain keeping your favourites and Home location saved. If you were running spoken POI alerts prior to V1,9 then these settings will also be preserved as they are stored in the mapsettings.cfg file.
What doesn't get saved are your POI files, the ov2, png and ogg files will disapear, these need to be re-loaded for the warnings to work post update to V1,9 - Mike
Teessider2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
When you update the app it will load a new map along with all the other files required for the app to work, only the old mapsettings.cfg will remain keeping your favourites and Home location saved. If you were running spoken POI alerts prior to V1,9 then these settings will also be preserved as they are stored in the mapsettings.cfg file.
What doesn't get saved are your POI files, the ov2, png and ogg files will disapear, these need to be re-loaded for the warnings to work post update to V1,9 - Mike

This does not explain why the cfg file used with 1.8 spoke the warnings yet after reloading poi files 3 of each type to 1.9 we are left without warnings.
I even have various backup cfg files which will not bring back my warnings
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the zip file from page one of this thread and extract the mapsettings.cfg file put that on the iPhone in the correct folder within the app, make sure the app isn't running in the back ground when you do this or the change won't take effect.
Not too sure why your app has done this but assuming the ov2, png and ogg files are all in the correct location then refreshing the mapsettings.cfg should bring back the warnings - Mike

Edit to add one other small bit, make sure you have a route set otherwise you won't get any warnings, the mapsettings.cfg file has been set to warn only if POI on route, with no route set it won't warn - Mike
Teessider2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Download the zip file from page one of this thread and extract the mapsettings.cfg file put that on the iPhone in the correct folder within the app, make sure the app isn't running in the back ground when you do this or the change won't take effect.
Not too sure why your app has done this but assuming the ov2, png and ogg files are all in the correct location then refreshing the mapsettings.cfg should bring back the warnings - Mike

Edit to add one other small bit, make sure you have a route set otherwise you won't get any warnings, the mapsettings.cfg file has been set to warn only if POI on route, with no route set it won't warn - Mike

Thanks very much for your help.

It was indeed a faulty mapsettings.cfg file or to be precise a few faulty files I had from backups.

It's now running well.

Thanks again
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to reinstalling the mapsettings file. It all seem to work OK now.

I didn't have to turn the phone off and reboot. I did try the reboot before.

It seems that the system needs the mapsettings.cfg reinstalled after the cameras have been installed. This is the second upgrade that has needed this.

Must remember this for the next time.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
SteveJames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest 9.104 Speed Camera Database file contains a 'variable' SPECS file and no 'tba' SPECS file (TomTom OV2 UK Speed Zoned Complete).

Does an .ogg and .png (44 x 44) file exist for the variable SPECS file as these files are not included in the Resource Downloads section in Post 1.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveJames wrote:
Does an .ogg and .png (44 x 44) file exist for the variable SPECS file as these files are not included in the Resource Downloads section in Post 1.

Not currently, also the mapsettings.cfg file doesn't include a warning for this camera category - Mike
A13x
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the upgrade to 1.9 and IOS5 i no longer get the audio speed warnings but i do get the display images of warnings. Is there any reason for this or a way to fix it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 27 of 42

Jump to: