Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinni30
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Mike, any luck on working out what my problem is?

Vince
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Not fully working on tomtom v 1.8 Reply with quote

Hi I have an iPhone 4 and I followed your directions, renaming all of the .bmps to .pngs, placing them in the right older along with the configuration file in its correct folder. The speed cameras show up as POIs which is great but I am missing a few features such as spoken warnings and a picture on the top left of the map like on the video.
Am I doing anything wrong?
thanks
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Not fully working on tomtom v 1.8 Reply with quote

stewartie4 wrote:
Hi I have an iPhone 4 and I followed your directions, renaming all of the .bmps to .pngs, placing them in the right older along with the configuration file in its correct folder. The speed cameras show up as POIs which is great but I am missing a few features such as spoken warnings and a picture on the top left of the map like on the video.
Am I doing anything wrong?
thanks

mikealder wrote:
you need to use a graphics edit package on your PC to change the icons to the png format version 1,8 needs the icons in the true png format (not just the name change to the file type) - Mike

May I suggest you go back to the instructions and check again. It's very easy to make a small mistake. And actually I've looked back at page 1 where Mike did say rename BMPs to PNG, for TomTom version 1.7, whereas above it says convert them for version 1.8 - which version have you got?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thanks i'm in the process of doing that now, I have version 1.8.
But even if I have made that small mistake with the images, does that explain why the spoken warnings and Pictorial warnings do not work?
thanks
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep just converted all of my bmps to pngs and loaded them in again, this time there is no red square and all the images load up as they should on the map - but again no voice alerts or image on top left of the screen.
Has anyone got this to work with v 1.8?
thanks for all your help so far
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to page one and click the zip download, unzip the file you get as that contains a full set of spoken alerts, suitably modifed icons (larger for the iPhone4) and the all important mapsettings.cfg file which is also needed to get the warnings working.

The icon that used to flash up top left has been removed from the TomTom app, it never worked correctly so it was deleted - Mike
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already done that.... still nothing
--------------------------
this is what i did
--------------------
converted all the bmps to pngs
----------------------
SSH'd to (jumble of letters)/europe.app/w. and central europe/
I put all the files from the zip file (except for the config file) and my database in this directory
---
Then i navigated to (jumble of letters)/documents/w. and central europe/
and put the config file here
------

I did all of this when the app was off, and like I said all of the speed cameras show up correctly but the audible alerts don't. Thanks for explaining that the visual alert was removed, I wasn't really bothered about that anyway, its the audible alert I care about.

Thanks for all your help guys
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any ideas?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the app was "off" are you 100% sure it wasn't running in the back ground when you sent the mapsettings.cfg file to the iPhone.

To make sure the app isn't in the back ground de-power the iPhone fully by holding the power button down until the slider appears and use that to turn the phone off, power the iPhone back up before trying to copy the mapsettings.cfg file over. This seems to be the main reason users have experianced "fun" with getting the warnings working. I am not aware of any other reason that prevents the warnings from showing as long as the app isn't in the back ground when loading the mapsettings file, assuming it gets sent to the correct folder which you seem to have done.

Also can you confirm you are using the speed zoned UK database?? - Mike
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I am 100% sure - It reset my home location and everything. I'm not sure..... all I know is that there are different images for each speed etc.
When I merge the files from the folder you provided and my database, the folder that I put in my map folder looks like this:
[/img]
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minus the mapsettings.cfg file obviously
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all looks fine, if you aren't getting the warnings then it must be mapsettings.cfg file thats gone in to the wrong folder OR perhaps you have been driving about without a route planned, if the app isn't following a route then it won't warn of the cameras - Mike
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minus the mapsettings.cfg file obviously
stewartie4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the config file is definitely supposed to be in the documents/MAP folder?
I have not actually drove but have used a route demo where I would be passing a camera- still no joy.
thanks for all your great help anyway
jfbuchanan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom V1.8 Reply with quote

Mike

I have been updating my TomTom app to integrate the PGPSW speed camera database successfully for about a year now - up to TomTom V1.7 - using your very clear instructions.

I updated recently to TomTom V1.8 and have foundg the TomTom folder layout on the iPhone (using DiskAid) is not like the previous set up at all.

At the top level the subfolders are:

art
content
itn
MapShareCache
premium_voices
Western_Europe (I have the WE version)

The 'Western_Europe' subfolder contains the mapsettings.cfg file and also includes one subfolder - MapShareCache - with no files in it.

Am I missing something obvious here? Where should the PGPSW data reside in this setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I purchased the TomTom app to replace my Navigon app, specifically because it was possible to integrate the PGPSW speed camera database.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 22 of 42

Jump to: