Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any size limit on userdata?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any size limit on userdata?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alahol2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Any size limit on userdata? Reply with quote

Having used MM for several years I have, probably, got a few hundred routes/tracks/marks and probably several thousand waypoints stored. I import/export to my PDA regularly. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the size of the userdata...mmo file (especially on the PDA)? Mine is currently about 5.8Mb.

Also, is there any way to only export routes/marks to the PDA? Even if I hide the tracks they are still exported. I don't want to have to do it one by one Shocked .
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

AFAIK there is no absolute limit, the software just gets slower, particularly opening the Overlay Properies window. 5MB is more than I would use on my PC and certainly more than a PDA but maybe it depends on the ratio of Tracks : Routes and Waypoint data.

Which version of MM are you using? With v5 you can organise categories (folders) in the Overlay Properties Window (unfortunately only with drag-and-drop of individual items) and export a .mmo file by right-clicking : Save As.... Then import into the PDA version either using Menu : Overlay : Open (v5.4.x onwards) or tapping on the .mmo file in Windows Explorer.

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.
alahol2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that.
I am using V5. My PC and PDA haven't slowed too much yet, I was just worried I may hit a brick wall at some point and find the system stopped.
Anyway, I have decided to organise all my tracks into 'year' categories (folders) then archive them off into separate .mmo files. That should hopefully halve (or more) the size of the userdata file.
I'm not really sure why I keep them all but once you've got a lot of data it seems wasteful to just delete it (sad, I know). It's also nice to look back on walks/rides/cruises to see where one has been over the years.
Thanks again, that was very helpful
All the best
Alan
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always save them out before deleting

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: