Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how to eject the 1000 unit and other questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how to eject the 1000 unit and other questions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: how to eject the 1000 unit and other questions Reply with quote

1ee wrote:
The 1000 connects to the Mac Im logged into Home 3 via the web interface -is there a correct way to eject the device? Unable to see anything and therefore just remove the usb cable.

I am concerned that I am currently unable to back up if there was an issue would TT reinstall as if new?

When I view Live My services I have three listing for traffic HD any ideas why?

Screenshot here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54684119@N02/?saved=1

sorry not sure how to insert images

Lee

Hi Lee
Don't know the answer to the eject question, but I have just been shutting down my device and disconnecting. Doesn't seem to do it any harm. I have a copy of the GO1000 manual so I will have a search.
On the Main menu 'Services' page on the GO1000 there should be six different application icons: Weather, HD Traffic, Speed Cameras, Google, Map Corrections and My Services.
As to your screenshot, you have done the right thing by uploading the screenshot to a web page such as Flikr. It seems your link, though, is to your account page: Try to find the URL underneath the picture on Flikr and copy and post it into your next post, here.

This is the accepted method:
1. Upload your picture in an image server. The most common free image
servers are
(1) Imageshack
(2) Photobucket
(3) Ripway or
(4) Flickr

Copy the image URL provided by your image host.
2. Linking an image in any forum site/blog:
Simply use this image tag “[img] [/img]” to link the image.
Example:
[img]http://www.example.com/yourimage.gif [img]
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: how to eject the 1000 unit and other questions Reply with quote

1ee wrote:
I am concerned that I am currently unable to back up if there was an issue would TT reinstall as if new?

That has been my major concern all along, and the fact that you can't access the file system for trouble-shooting. To me that's even more important than the lack of POI support.

Following your link leads to the mesage "uklee doesn't have anything available to you".
Samsung Galaxy S21
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, the number you require is 0845 161 0009 if you are lucky there might be someone there to answer calls this morning, if not then give them a ring on Monday morning, it looks like you have found something else thats missing from Home_3 - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee
This is link to the
Manual download. Cannot find anything in it about disconnecting from your computer.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the GO 1000 no longer uses Mass Storage to mount it's internal memory there is no 'Eject' procedure. So long as you are sure HOME3 has finished with any update operations you can just unplug.

In testing we found a number of occasions where the device would indicate an update had finished but HOME3 was reporting it had not. So just ensure they are both in agreement although, I'm told, the system is designed to be tolerant of this and if you do unplug mid-update, it will pick up where it left off the next time with no damage.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Eject -and another query Reply with quote

1ee wrote:
Do you know if mobile camera are pushed to the 1000 without any intervention from the user -the 740 you had to manually update I cannot see where you update on the 1000.

No idea.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Eject -and another query Reply with quote

1ee wrote:
Thanks for the info Darren. It may it an idea if Tom Tom made this clear in the manual and online.

Do you know if mobile camera are pushed to the 1000 without any intervention from the user -the 740 you had to manually update I cannot see where you update on the 1000.

I know a number of features are no operational, but TTT did inform me mobile camera s were operational.

Lee

Not according to their website which says
Quote Speed Cameras - updates are not yet available for your device. Speed cameras are pre-installed on your TomTom device. If you have a LIVE device, mobile speed cameras will be available over the air.Unquote

In other words, as the device has a SIMM card installed, it will probally be pushed wirelessly.

Graham
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread now continued here so I'll lock this one.

Thread locked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: