Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with new sat nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with new sat nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nocturnal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Help with new sat nav Reply with quote

Hope someone can help me decide as im at a loss.Ive decided to get a new sat nav.I have a tomtom 1 which has served me well but is a bit old now.I had a Garman and couldnt get on with it.
Ive decided to go with a Navigon but i only have £150 to play with.
Ones ive seen is Navigon 40,6310,7310,or 6350 live.
All i can get for around £150, but which one would you say is the best.
6350 has live but im not too crazy about paying yearly for it.But its about the same price as the 6310.
Can you still use it with the FM tmc which is free.
I would like all the pretty 3d landscape stuff on it but if the 40 is a lot better performance wise picking up a signal being newer i would get that.The others just seem to have a lot more on it for the money.
Any one can help please thanks.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried these particular units, but am certainly well satisfied with my Navigon!

If you don't hear from anyone else, not knowing what is particularly important to you, my inclination would be to look at a 40 Premium - its Navigon list price @ £159 is £10 more than the 40 Plus (I assume) you looked at - a little over your limit but you may be able to get it cheaper, if you think the extra facilities are worth it to you. My main reasoning is to go for a NEW model, which will give you more future-proofing as regards upgrades/updates.

You also mention Live. For the same reason, if you did want to pay the extra and go down THAT path, I would probably go for a 40 Live rather than a 6350 Live. Also I don't know how much a 6350Live is now, although the charging for the Live Services is different on the 40Live, overall Live is about the same. - @ £199 (£40 more than the Premium) you get the 40Live + 15 months, so for the Live services themnselves you are paying about the same as 6350's 3 free months + 12 months @ £40, and you've got a more modern unit.

You'll have to do the sums to see what's really worth your money, but I hope that's something to get you going!
nocturnal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: thx Reply with quote

thx for the reply but im still not too sure which to go for.Are the new models a lot better than last years?.Have they fixed anything what wasnt too good about the old models or the new ones just newer maps and a new name.
Will keep on using my Copilot Live on my iphone till i can or someone else make my mind up for me.
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: navigon live Reply with quote

i was also looking at the new navigon live range;
i emailed navigon and asked them did they get the live traffic info from mobile phone networks like tomtom do they told me that the live traffic aint active in the uk .

Dear Mr.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We sincerely apologise for the late reply and for any inconvenience it might have caused.

Regarding your query, unfortunately at the moment Traffic Live is not active in UK and we have no information regarding a future date of activation.

We are at your entire disposal for further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Sigrid Dragan

NAVIGON AG
Berliner Platz 11
97080 Wuerzburg
Phone for United Kingdom: 0871-2880154 (0,10 GBP/€/min. Fixed network, mobile tarifs may
tornaway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like all you poor B's that have spent the extra on Navigons "live" have just been robbed.

Can't trust anyone these days.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: