Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin nuvi 1490t sofware download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nuvi 1490t sofware download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roncam29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Garmin nuvi 1490t sofware download Reply with quote

I have tried to download a software update off the garmin website without much success, I plug the garmin into my computer connect to the garmin website through my garmin agent it tells me there is an update available click on the update accept the agreement the update percentage bar flashes up for a second then that's it nothing happens, if anyone has got any ideas I would be grateful.
JohnRob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Garmin nuvi 1490t sofware download Reply with quote

roncam29 wrote:
I have tried to download a software update off the garmin website without much success, I plug the garmin into my computer connect to the garmin website through my garmin agent it tells me there is an update available click on the update accept the agreement the update percentage bar flashes up for a second then that's it nothing happens, if anyone has got any ideas I would be grateful.

I had the same problem and had emailed Garmin. I tried again tonight and it went into Dashboard and updated ok. I had to run it through the update process 3 or 4 times before it had applied all the updates. This was on a 1490T bought this month.
Coaster2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you registered the unit? I've just bought a 1490t (one of the best satnavs I have ever come across) and registered it. Followed the instructions and it was updated with no trouble at all.
vdeknock
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to try a few times to get it to now say fully updated. The last time it appears to have worked as it removed/delete a lot of saved features ie the home location, Ecoroute information.
Extremist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 1490T last week, was initially impressed, but then registered it and saw there was an update available. The update hangs the PC after a while (or rather it says an unexpected error has occured and the update is stopped), and now there's no map data at all on the Garmin. Been onto Garmin today and they say there's a folder missing and it needs to go back to them to be reinstalled. Guess who's supposed to be going away to Europe tomorrow with his new Satnav.....? Sheeeeesh Angry
Upperyardman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: 1490t update problem Reply with quote

I also am less than impressed after a routine update I find that half my "favourites" have disappeared icluding "home" and those that are left have all had their names removed so I am left with a list of anonymous addresses and half a day's work to find out and re-enter their names and the missing favourites. Bah!
I also note that during the update the process indicator flashes up and down the scale - 18%, back to 6%, up to 20%, back to 2% and so on and it takes an hour or so to complete.
jethro49er
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC you need to backup your favourites before doing any software update and then reinstall them when completed. There are instructions on how to do this on either here or the garmin Q&A site (cant remember which one sorry) Idea Its best to use webupdater and not my garmin/dashboard when getting software/firmaware updates. Hope this helps.

PS. It has taken me up to 4 hours to download and install map udates, which I have done 3 so far this year....not good Evil or Very Mad
Upperyardman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that Jethro49er, and thank you too for the advice on "webupdater" - I was not aware that it existed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: