Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom live services after version 9.058 upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom live services after version 9.058 upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: tomtom live services after version 9.058 upgrade Reply with quote

hi all just to let you know that after upgrading my 540 go with version 9.058 i lost live fuel prices; kept saying tomtom server error, after several emails and resetting the device tomtom have now informed me that there is a problem with the 9.058 software and have past this on to there 2nd line team to look into; i'm know running 8.371 with no problems all live services work.
looks like tomtom messed up yet again.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now running 9.058 on a 940 and today all Live Services are now functioning correctly. I had to get TT to do something to my Live Services account this morning but after that all is OK.

I had the same problems on 8.371.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working fine here too. Probably an account issue rather than firmware.
hagman777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there is another thread running regarding this problem since 9.058 update i have had no services i have a Go 540 live i e-mailed tomtom and had a reply back today saying that they are working on it very poor service as you have to pay for it free firmware updates i expect that but not when you cough up cash each month for live services.
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Working fine here too. Probably an account issue rather than firmware.

sounds like it might be a 540 software fault
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazza70 wrote:
sounds like it might be a 540 software fault

If it's not very widespread and some have had it fixed by TT fiddling with their account, and TT seem to be fixing it from behind the scenes (i.e. not instructing everyone to uninstall and reinstall their unit software as they normally do) it suggests it is an account issue at TTs end and they know it.

Note MrT said

Quote:
I had to get TT to do something to my Live Services account this morning but after that all is OK.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the problem is related to LIve Services subscriptions on certain services which have more than a year to run.

My Live Services are due to expire in May 2012 and I have been having problems with Google Search and recently (I have never checked until a week ago) Petrol. When I was given a temporary subscription of a month all worked well but as soon as that expired my main subscription failed. Today TT amended my subscription so that duplicate runs out in 2011 and the original in 2012. I see two dates for each service in My Services. This can either mean that there is a problem with the one dating out to 2012 being recognised or alternatlively the 2012 subscription is faulty and the new 2011 is not.

Whatever the problem was. the person (Lauri) I dealt with on the UK helpline knew exactly how to work around the problem. Not every support assistant has the same level of knowledge.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT have a habit of telling you there seems to be a software problem and passing it up to 2nd level. It get's you off their back and they have quotas to achieve. I'm not saying it's right, just that it happens.

In all these cases I would guess it's 99% certain it's ACCOUNT problems, not software if you have some Live Services working and not others..
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
TT have a habit of telling you there seems to be a software problem and passing it up to 2nd level. It get's you off their back and they have quotas to achieve. I'm not saying it's right, just that it happens.

In all these cases I would guess it's 99% certain it's ACCOUNT problems, not software if you have some Live Services working and not others..

it looks like it is my account that is the problem as i was showing 2 lots of subscription date's .2011+2013 i contacted tomtom about it and they removed 2011 date since then i cant even get the fuel prices running the old or new software .

update.....
have been on the phone all day to tomtom, they cant find anything wrong with my account
we have format the tomtom and rebuilt it and it is still showing the same live fuel price fault
tomtom are stumped on this one they are going to call me back tomorrow . will keep you all posted
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gazza70 wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
...In all these cases I would guess it's 99% certain it's ACCOUNT problems, not software if you have some Live Services working and not others..

it looks like it is my account that is the problem as i was showing 2 lots of subscription date's .2011+2013 i contacted tomtom about it and they removed 2011 date since then i cant even get the fuel prices running the old or new software .

update.....
have been on the phone all day to tomtom, they cant find anything wrong with my account
we have format the tomtom and rebuilt it and it is still showing the same live fuel price fault
tomtom are stumped on this one they are going to call me back tomorrow . will keep you all posted

Unfortunately I didn't see this thread until I started to have problems with traffic yesterday. Last time this happened (with the Navcore 9.054 debacle) it took TT support 16 days to get services working Angry

Have just logged a new request - hoping they don't try and beat the previous record.....
strickers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have submitted a support request which led to the usual stock full factory reset reply. I have had enough now, no more TomTom for me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: