Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I realize this is an old topic but.....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I realize this is an old topic but.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolisaris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: I realize this is an old topic but..... Reply with quote

I realize this is an old topic but I was not aware that Tom-Tom could be installed on a Medion device, BTW I own a medion MDPNA175 or MD95233 if you like, and I tried following the steps above just to see if it would go onto the device before I lay out the money for the Tom-Tom software and maps.
Everything goes well until step 6 when the Reg-edit loads on the device and I am suppose to double click the 'modified.reg' file to import it, but when I do nothing happens and the Reg-edit page just sits there, if I carry on and complete the rest of the tutorial when I soft reset as in step 9 then the device load the Medion screen with the grey taskbar at the bottom, but if I put the stylus at the bottom left of the screen as instructed nothing happens and the WinCE taskbar does not appear so no tools to work with. Am I doing something wrong here.
Am I correct in assuming Tom-Tom can be put on this device, if not I am glad I did not purchase the software and maps.

I just realised I have created a new post so will explain, this relates to the tutorial to put Tom-Tom on a Medion devise.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst it might be possible to unlock the hardware you have so the Win CE OS isn't hidden I wouldn't bother installing TomTom on it as its so out of date. You won't get version 7 to install so you cannot use the latest maps, TTN6 will install but the most recent maps for TTN6 are over three years old - Waste of time and money IMHO - Mike
Bolisaris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: ok thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply, will just have to buy a new Tom-Tom seems the easiest thing to do. Very Happy Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: