Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Premium and "Normal" Speed Camera files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Premium and "Normal" Speed Camera files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theengine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: TomTom Premium and "Normal" Speed Camera files Reply with quote

Hi all,

Yes, I now Pocket GPS files are better and I have used them for years on my other TomTom (original classic, still going strong!).

But I have been running with the TomTom ones on my new 550 Live.

Up until April this year I was getting updates to the *premium* UK and IR files, but since then the UK updates have changed to the Standard Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom one. I still get updates for the Premium IR one. Live subscription is fine.

So, is anyone else getting Premium uk file updates?

Once I know, I will get on to TomTom.

Thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm still getting offered the "premium" speed cameras by Home, for both UK and IR.
elpmes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Not getting Tomtom UK Premium speed camera updates sub. Reply with quote

Hi Theengine,

I seem to be having the same problem as you have with my new 950Go. I have a 12month HD traffic sub, but I have stopped getting UK "premium" updates. This is odd because I still get "premium" updates for every country in Europe ex the UK. Tomtom support have been hopeless and keep asking me to factory reset the device (already 2 times) without any joy. They don't accept that it appears to be a problem at their end.

Did you ever find out what the problem was??

Cheers, Sad
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am being offered both Premium and standard UK updates and I believe your should only be offered the Premium for the UK.

There could be a few reasons why you are not being offered the premium for the UK.

1. The UK Premium cameras have not recently been updated in line with the others. I have been offered V6976 of Premium UK this morning along with V6792 of UK.

2. There is an issue on Home in your computer. Find your Home directory on your computer and go to the folder ...Home\Downloads\Complete and delete the folder and contents called safetycamera. On the next update from Home you will get an error message but after then it should go back to normal.

3. There is an error with the files on your device. Go to your map folder on the device and delete the 3 files Safety_Cam_UK_PremiumOv2.ver, Safety_Cam_UK_Premiumov2.dct and Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.ov2 and then do an update. On the device in the POI directory there should also be a related file called Safety_Cam_UK_PremiumOv2.tlv. This one does not appear to be downloaded with each camera update, so I suggest you leave this one alone.

4. Live Services can update the TT mobile cameras via GPRS without Home and this may affect the updates from Home but I am not sure on this one.

5. Your account information on the TTServer has not allocated you the UK Premium. This is not very likely as they come in a batch, but if this is the problem you are dependant on someone in TomTom amending your account detail on the server and not all helpdesk people are this skilled.
Mouse9
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with mine.

Get all the countries besides UK.

Anyone done the thing what Mr T suggested?

I don't want to delete things and not have them come back again.

Tom Tom Home 2.7.6.2056
Windows XP/Vista
Mouse9
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
I am being offered both Premium and standard UK updates and I believe your should only be offered the Premium for the UK.

There could be a few reasons why you are not being offered the premium for the UK.

1. The UK Premium cameras have not recently been updated in line with the others. I have been offered V6976 of Premium UK this morning along with V6792 of UK.

2. There is an issue on Home in your computer. Find your Home directory on your computer and go to the folder ...Home\Downloads\Complete and delete the folder and contents called safetycamera. On the next update from Home you will get an error message but after then it should go back to normal.

3. There is an error with the files on your device. Go to your map folder on the device and delete the 3 files Safety_Cam_UK_PremiumOv2.ver, Safety_Cam_UK_Premiumov2.dct and Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.ov2 and then do an update. On the device in the POI directory there should also be a related file called Safety_Cam_UK_PremiumOv2.tlv. This one does not appear to be downloaded with each camera update, so I suggest you leave this one alone.

4. Live Services can update the TT mobile cameras via GPRS without Home and this may affect the updates from Home but I am not sure on this one.

5. Your account information on the TTServer has not allocated you the UK Premium. This is not very likely as they come in a batch, but if this is the problem you are dependant on someone in TomTom amending your account detail on the server and not all helpdesk people are this skilled.

I have done solutions 2 and 3 here and still no offers of updates.

I don't have solution 4.

So solution 5? I dunno but it is annoying.

Tom Tom Home 2.7.6.2056
Windows XP/Vista
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try solutions 2 and 3 at the same time?

Trying them one after the other, and connecting to Home in between may not work.

I would delete the .tlv file too, as that tells Home what version of the camera database is (or was) installed, so I'm surprised when MrT says it is not updated with each download for him.
theengine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

OP back.

My problem is resolved:

I had one entry in my Live Services for Safety Cameras.

TT support then gave my an extra two months on my live service because they didn't have a clue about what was causing my problem.

By giving me the extra two months, this sorted the problem.

I now have three entires for Safety Cameras in Live services, and all works well. So it must have been a poblem at their end.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: