Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does TT one v4 support lane guidance?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does TT one v4 support lane guidance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Does TT one v4 support lane guidance? Reply with quote

Hi
Usual TomTom support farce.
On their outlet site it shows TT one v4 with lane guidance screen yet when i rang they said it did not have ALG even though it shows it on the site. It also says UK version is 2Gb but European is 1Gb which seems abit odd. Response was if order UK and it is not 2Gb I can send it back as if my occupation is constant daily trips back and forth to the post office!
So please has anyone a One version 4 (uk or EU) out there and has got lane guidance working and what is the correct capacity as we may want to get the Eu maps if it turns out to be that the uk is the 2gb capacity one?
Do I take it map guarantee comes with TT outlet units?

Missus likes the ALG on my old 720 and therefore would like it on whatever we buy to replace her knackered Garmin but will go mental if I yet again shell out silly money for some more gadgetry- (slight matromonial discord over ditching the appalling stuttering bluetooth function of my 720, and buying a nice Bury handsfree proper job that dosn't lock up and cut my clients off every other call
JoolsTwo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a ONE series 30, I think that's the same as the V4,( although the system info calls in a V8!)
It doesn't have lane guidance and mine is a UK/RoI version with 1GB memory. with the smaller screen and the RDS-TMC connected the display can get a little crowded, especially if you choose more than 4 things to show on the staus bar, they are too small to read easily.

I would think it's a typo on the memory size, UK version 1GB, europe 2GB

bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
It's interesting as I have seen some older version Ones on ebay reporting that they have ALG
Does that mean that TT have photoshopped the images on the ones in the outlet store?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are that many different "one's" available for sale that its become nigh on impossible to track what features are installed to which devices.

The latter One units that have IQ Routes, and the useless Start model also sports the Reality view/ ALG - Mike
bigfoot47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like i'll have to shell out for the v5 iq routes version , at least alg is on and eu mapping.Damn ditched the money off voucher a while ago
Thanks
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If lane guidance is what you want, then I would strongly also recommend that the device supports text to speech. Driving to Manchester yesterday the TT 740 was saying things like "in half a mile keep right, then stay in the right hand lane", and other such stuff. Very handy for the complex and quick series of junctions where you have to split this way and that. Lane guidance was on, but tackles only the current junction.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: