Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Problems Yesterday
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Problems Yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Traffic Problems Yesterday Reply with quote

Hi all

Had a meeting in London yesterday so I tried out the new Traffic function. All went well at first, until I noticed it was telling me on the bottom bar TomTom connection had been lost check internet connection, which I did, clicked on to a web page and it appeared, back into Nav and reclicked update traffic, still no connection! I had no calls on my mobile at all during this time. I also had my first ever lock up, which resorted to a reset. The only way I could reconnect Traffic each time it lost connection was also to soft reset.

Anyone else experienced problems with the new Traffic facility?

Also since adding Traffic I have lost the on screen function 'Time of Arrival, Distance to Destination' had a look around in properties but couldnt see how to switch them back on.

Richard

(and all the above was honestly not performed travelling at 70mph along the M40!!)
Ipaq 4150 - Fortuna Clip On BT - Lexar 256mb SD Card / Kingston 256mb SD Card - TomTom Nav 3.05T - Traffic - CheckPOInt 2.0.2.0 - Mapopolis - Memory Map 2004 UK - Brodit Mount - & BT Registry Fix (recommended!)
Paul Carl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

Have a look at this thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8350&sid=38075a152d4b3366b1b9297e0d4bcb39
You are not the only person with this problem.
You will see when reading this that TomTom have been sent a link to this thread so It would be a good idea to post these connection errors there so TomTom can see the extent of the problem.

Ipaq 3870 PPC2002
Product Revision 2.0
Rom Revision 2.20.21 ENG
Emtac BT GPS Motorola V3 Silver
TomTom 5 Traffic
TomTom 3 Traffic Checkpoint v3
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

thanks for the reply, just seen the thread, dont now how I missed that (although it was a long day yesterday!)

Rich
Ipaq 4150 - Fortuna Clip On BT - Lexar 256mb SD Card / Kingston 256mb SD Card - TomTom Nav 3.05T - Traffic - CheckPOInt 2.0.2.0 - Mapopolis - Memory Map 2004 UK - Brodit Mount - & BT Registry Fix (recommended!)
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you switch off the Traffic bar on the left in your preferences then you get the time and date back (Traffic problems will show on the bottom still).

I think it's basically down to not enough width to the screen to show everything.

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Safety screen changed. Reply with quote

Anyone else noticed that the new safety screen feature is back to the TTN2 version - well it is on my ipaq.

No routing diagram is shown just the junction. Once again not a biggy but disappointing. I have the traffic scheme turned off - just the ticker running at the bottom of the screen so I don't think this is related to screen size.
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just re-read my post and ment to say journey time remaining and estimated time of arrival. (My brain was thinking on something else at the time)

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rich33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info Jas, to say I was getting a little frustrated trying to switch them back is an under statement. I find the 'time of arrival' a great feature when trying to get to meetings on time!!

Rich

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: