Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD card, card reader and the new map.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD card, card reader and the new map.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finish up on the topic, I uninstalled and then reinstalled Home 2. No difference.
I will let you know what TomTom support say.

Q.
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a PS.

When I operate my device in the Virtual Machine the colours on the tt730 are very distorted - as if the graphics card in a PC has gone wrong. Also, I then have to pin reset to get the TT730 to work at all afterwards.

AND NONE of this explains why when I put the SD card in a card reader, Home see it immediately and it works properly in Win7 64 bit - which seems to negate everything I have said above about Win7. Perhaps it is the TT730 that can't cope with Win7 64 not the software.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd throw in my 3 pennyworth. I've been running Win 7 64 bit for several months and all aspects of Home (latest version) are working perfectly.
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calomax,

I have a long trip to do this weekend and need a TT that is working so I am not going to mess with it any more today. I just wonder if the new app got down loaded to my SD card via the card reader and now the 730 and map on the card are incompatible. Now that I can get into the 730 via XP I will reformat the unit and put the app from the card on to it when I am back from the trip..

I am glad you can confirm it's not Win7 64 bit and that would support the fact it all works OK via the card reader.
qkjb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to finish this topic off properly, it continued to bug me that the PC couldn't see the internal memory of the TT only the memory card. I had tried all the previous suggestions including trying to force a drive letter via drive manager without success. There were lots of internet posts about editing the registry to force a drive letter but just before going that route I decided to check Device Manager again. There were the two TT devices shown under hard drives as before and nothing showing up as a problem in the usb section. However, I noticed for the first time that there was a "storage unit" so named appearing in the listing of Device Manage. Remove the TT and it disappeared. So I un-installed all three items via right click in Device Manager, reconnected the TT and the software for the device automatically reinstalled. This time - and finally - everything showed up as it should do.

So - the simplest way was the best. Un-installing without removing the "storage unit" made no difference. I have never seen a USB problem not show up as a yellow mark in device manager before so this might be something new in Win7.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem and many thanks for all the suggestions for the forum.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: