Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO Live 750 - Know working Navcore with Live Traffic needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO Live 750 - Know working Navcore with Live Traffic needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: GO Live 750 - Know working Navcore with Live Traffic needed Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone please supply a link to get a known working Navcore with the GO Live 750 for the Live Traffic services.

I have emailed TT support on Sunday but have as yet had no response from them to reset my account, to see if that would work with this v9.054?

The unit was supplied with 9.001, but this does not seem to be in TTs list, 9.022 is the first?

According to them 9.026 is their latest release for my unit.

I thought I had 9.001 as a download but it is the acutal files?

Can you please also give instructions as to how to put this onto the existing card. Is it just the case of extracting the files to the main root of the card, and letting it overwrite the existing files on there?

Many Thanks.
Lasertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just restored my original issued software to a 2Gb card.
This has nav 9.001 and 835.2448 map

The Live Traffic can not connect even with these factory issued files.
The internet connection and my account work as Google\Weather and Fuel all return Live items.

It looks like I will have to call TT CS and ask them to reset my account.
Lasertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Just come off a good lengthy discussion with TT Tech Support about my issues with the Live Traffic with the GO 750 Live.

This is the definitive answer as given by Adam.

The GO 750 Live DOES NOT have an issue with the latest Navcore v9.054, it is the x40 models that have this issue.
TT confirm that there are a lot of x50 Live units that have incorrectly been assigned to the Live Traffic Free offer, thus thats why I can not connect to the Traffic but can connect to Google, Weather and Petrol via the Live service.

I had to send him via my account support page, the Help - System Information (copy to clipboard), where upon receiving this requests 2nd Line to 'Reset' my device accordingly to accept all the Free services for the 12 months.

Once Adam has completed the request I am to receive a confirmation email, and hopefully eventually I will have all my services.

Additionally the latest TT map update offer for 18 months at FROM £19.80 extended until the 10th August 2010 is a bit missleading. This apparently only relates to the UK and Eire map and not the Europe Maps as supplied with the 750 !! If I had of bought the cheaper 550 then this would have applied. My TT Home states that it is about £35 for my latest full europe v850 map to be updated.
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chap

Having same issue, i hadn't doesn't App update until i was told i needed this for latest maps -

Anyway loaded it on last nite, my Live Services didn't work today - when i clicked Traffic HD it asked for Username, (looking on TT website this apparently is waht you set Home up with)

Tried it, it didn't work, now when i click on same button i get the 'One Moment Screen' but if i click NETWORK in the system information screen it says its connected, so is the network connected and not my account??

I have added this question to my current conversation im having with TT CS, but its Censored , i wouldn't buy a phone or playstation and expect to have to spend the time sorting problems after 3 weeks - not to this extent anyway!

So do you think i have same issue as you? Whats best way to resolve?

Regards

Please don't use asterisks to circumvent the censor - DennisN
Lasertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What device do you have *40 or *50 series?

If the latter like mine then 750, then it's an issue with the allocation of the 'free' live services account with the traffic. I found it best to call them and the request is - To Realign your account with the Free 12 month Live Services.

Your Username is the same as your TomTom Account login details for that specific device. I had to create a new account with a different email address just for this new unit as you apparently can not have more than one device per account. That account is now aligned to your device and Live services etc.

Currently mine is in progress to the 2nd line tech support, with hopefully an estimated 24-48 hours to do.

If you have the *40 series then it is the 9.054 latest application that is causing your issue and you need to roll back to your previous v8.xxxx
Their website tells you how to do this on a Specific *40 Hot Warning box on their Q&A pages.

I agree we should not have to spend so much time and money (phone calls) etc. They have Censored (See my note in the previous post - DennisN) up big style and we are suffering due to their lack of QA prior to release of these *50 devices and the application 9.054 not working with the *40s with the Live.

At first I like many others thought that my new 750 had suffered the 9.054 application problem, but it is confirmed that there are TWO seperate issues out there relating to the Live services, *40s with the latest application and the *50s with the wrong account allocation for the Free 12 month Live Traffic Service.
SignumGPS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO750 here mate - i will see what the respond first before i log another call.

all a bit pants......

Now where's my receipt and Garmin catalogue!!!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated my tomtom 750 with no problems whatsoever ... The difference is amazing
Lasertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sticking to TomTom, much better than Garmin and I need Itinerary Planning. TT's version is much better and easier to use than Garmins latest 1490s, plus I do not like Garmins Post Code system.

TT will sort it out, just hang in there, although annoying, all new technology has hickups. I can live without the Live Traffic for now.
Lasertek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now confirm that my Live Services including the Traffic are now 100% working after an account realignment to my device.

You have to perform a Factory Reset via the unit, then also a hard reset via the 15 seconds on button method.

Once taken through the initial setup again, and GPS signals received the Live Traffic Services connected Instantly.

They stated on the email that I was NOT to sign into my account via the device with my Username and Password.

I sent a reply to this and they confirmed that with the Free Live 12 month offer, it is the Device ID that is assigned so you do not sign into your account via the Device Services as this may again lose the Free services.

Under normal circumstances of purchasing their Live £7.99 per month then that is when you would need to sign in to your account via the device.

So other GO550/750/950 users with the Free 12 month offer DO NOT sign into your account through the device after they have re-aligned your account.

Hopefully this is the end.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: