Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hijacker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now received a request from TT to re-install the older version of Navcore to my 940 and not to update for at least 7 days until a "solution" can be found.
CharlieR
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnats wrote:
Don't talk to me about TomTom quality of service slipping, I am still in an on going battle with TomTom over my 950, 7 nearly 8 months and 5th device. I was told this application update would fix the issue of my screen freezing and then rebooting, but they didnt tell me it would knock out my HD Traffic. And just to rub salt in the wounds this morning when I most needed it, I get stuck in a 40min q on the M11.

I am on my 2nd unit, got it replace last week as first one was 14days old when screen froze and reset. As it took them over 20 days to resolve supplier would not give me cash back.

still unable to use replacement as live services gone even though it states expire next year and will not download new maps?

My old 930t was alot less bother than this 950
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a new one to worry about: If the SIM thinks it is being attacked/hacked, it may lock itself permanently. That would be an interesting one for them to solve.

As I posted elsewhere, my theory is that this is all a mistake, and wasn't supposed to be released to x40's at all. But the implied release will now make them do it properly and release it formally.
W90BHP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this issue just affect the live devices? Anyone found any problems updating a non-live device such as my 730T?
iPAQ 3970 : Navman Sleeve : CoPilot 4 : Somewhere in the loft
CPN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is "thank goodness for PocketGPSWorld's e-mails shots!"

Having just read this whole thread, well done guys for getting this out so quickly! Trust me, my 940 is going nowhere near its docking port until I hear of something being fixed! Laughing

Colin
Robparker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the cynical person that I am I wonder if this isn't a ploy to wreck everyone's Live services in order to get us all off monthly subscriptions and onto upfront annual payments?

They've already crippled Live services by disabling weather and Google Local searches which, according to TomTom Customer Support is 'an error on my account which can only be rectified by me cancelling my monthly subscription and changing over to an annual subscription'.

Bearing in mind that pre-purchased services such as map updates cannot be transferred from one device to another I assume that Live services are the same. Why then would anyone pay TomTom upfront if they thought they might change their device at some time in the next 12 months?

TomTom Live (when it works) is a great service but I just don't trust TomTom who seem to change things to suit themselves without any consideration of their customers.

Of course, this is not the first update to cripple devices. They are gung-ho in offering faulty software so we should be used to it.
cliveports
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....."The quality standards that we were used to with TomTom"...I'm sorry did I miss something here? Their S/W development team is infamous for their poor coding methods and testing.
glidem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a shame there is a problem with this update as the 9 software is far smoother and fixed a few niggles I was having. Alas I can't do without Live services so I have had to roll back to the older software and enjoying those little niggles again :/

I just hope a fix for this issue can be sorted out soon.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it install Eco Routes route planning on the x40 as I would quite like to see how that works and what routes it offers.
davemcwish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
Does it install Eco Routes route planning on the x40 as I would quite like to see how that works and what routes it offers.

It does (on my 940), however after having a quick play I can't see any difference from "Fastest/IQ Route"; at least for the locations I picked.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for confirming. I wonder how they calculate the data? Maybe using topography and number of junctions enroute?

I drive lots between Edinburgh and Leeds so it can routee up the A1, or A1/A66/M74 or A1/A697 so I will be interested in what route it suggests.

davemcwish wrote:
It does (on my 940), however after having a quick play I can't see any difference from "Fastest/IQ Route"; at least for the locations I picked.
beashley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reverting back to Ver.8 Reply with quote

Had the same problem as most on my 940L but on following T.T.'s instructions and going back to previous version have now lost voice (any type) and the 'next road bit' that displays in the top R.H.corner has gone.

A lesson for everyone don't get the latest of anything until proven it works. I don't doubt at all they will fix it, just frustrating.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W90BHP wrote:
Does this issue just affect the live devices? Anyone found any problems updating a non-live device such as my 730T?

It won't affect you, as it hasn't been released for the x20 or x30 models.
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already updated mine the day before I saw the posting here...sigh. I have reverted back to the older version of Nav Core as described, but Live services aren't working. I didn't check before hand as I last used it a few weeks ago. It's saying the service has expired on my TomTom and the website tells me nothing. I got one years Live service 11 months ago so I am sure there is at least another month left. I did try phoning them but gave up waiting. Will try next week. Does anyone elses report as expired when it shouldn't be?

I might opt for the RDS receiver. As the only other thing I use on live services is the Google search when I am looking for somewhere. I have an iPhone or an iPad with me usually so could use them for that. And I don't use the speed cams I use the more superior PGPSW one. Has anyone had experience of both the Live and RDS receiver to compare. How good is it at picking up away from motorways?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently travelled right across Europe with a GO950Live and another similar device, the latter had a current Live service running but the 950 had an expired service so was giving me data from the RDS service.
There was little difference in the data and in some circumstances the RDS service was more accurate. Again, sometimes the Live data was more accurate. If that is all you want from the service, then I think you could save your money and opt for the free service.

But then, I'm sure someone will know better Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: