Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - copying TTN3 application & maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

copying TTN3 application & maps

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Bond
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: copying TTN3 application & maps Reply with quote

Please, can anyone help with either of these problems Sad :

1. I accidentally deleted Active Sync in Windows' folder on my PPC and the only way to restore it seems to be to hard-reset the PPC, which will delete all my software including TTN3's application. If I back up everything, or just make a copy of TTN3's application to the PPC's on-board SD or CF card, will I then be able to restore or copy back to the PPC a working version of the application without having to re-activate it via TomTom ?

2. I originally installed TTN3's maps on a relatively small SD card. Now that the price of these cards is falling, I bought a larger one from Expansys, manufactured by DaneElec. However, despite many attempts at loading TTN3's maps onto the new SD card, from TTN's CD, every time I get an error dialog box telling me there is no SD card in my PPC. TomTom advised me to reformat the card to FAT33, small clusters, but it made no difference other than preventing the card being used in my digital camera which does not read FAT33 files. As a temporary work-around, I copied the maps from the original SD card to the CF card and then on to the new, larger, SD card, but this is not a permanent solution as I had hoped, eventually, to buy TomTom's European maps and instal them on my new, larger, SD card -which will, presumably, result in the same problems as I am having with the UK maps. Are DaneElec cards unreliale perhaps?

Should be most grateful for any suggested solutions please.

Cheers,

Tony
Berisford
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble getting the maps onto the SD card.

Process kept on stopping half way trough and telling me that the card did not exist!

Fixed it by loading the maps into a folder on the PC and then loaded 'em onto the card via my card reader.

Not only did it work a treat, the whole downloading process took only a few moments.

Regards BJ Nottingham
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a reply earlier, but obviously closed the preview instead of posting it!

Your first problem - have you really lost ActiveSync on the Pocket PC, or just the shortcut? The latter is fixable, the former probably isn't without a hard reset, especially if nothing happens when you first put the Pocket PC into the cradle.

I won't get too worried about reactivating. The activation details are held both on the PC and on the Pocket PC if you activated without recourse to the ttcode.com site - so if you hard reset the Pocket PC, the chances are that the details will still be on the PC. If you have to reactivate the same device, this doesn't count against you in terms of activating other devices.

The second problem - if you have got an SD card reader, use that. If you haven't, tell the TomTom installer to copy the maps to your hard disk, then use ActiveSync's Explore feature to copy them to your storage card.

David
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow we've got two threads that started out identical (hence my confusion as to whether or not I hda posted my reply). I think the more useful replies are in this other thread, so I suggest all discussion continues there.

David
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've locked this forum, please post any replies in the mirrored thread.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: