Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New download, no warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New download, no warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: New download, no warnings Reply with quote

Since I installed the database last week I seem to have lost the voice warnings of upcoming cameras. First time I have noticed this but can anyone say whether you have to renew the voice associations with every download of the database please?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what system do you have? which download have you used? which have you used before?

MaFt
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT XL ( the one with no removable media) The database was relevant as of 26th May, I downloaded the one released first week of June and not bothered with the unit since. Today been down the motorway and noticed that the icons flash up but no associated sound files.

Its no big deal to re-associate them, but its the first time I have come acorss this problem and wondered if it was normal. I have to say I don't take advantage of downloading every week. I ususally only update if I have to travel out of town so to speak.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the new map that came out last week? That often keeps the camera database, but loses the warning settings.

There are ways to overcome this, providing you have a backup (done using Windows Explorer).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the icon in the top-left corner, the lack of sound may also be due to having a low charge in the battery - especially if you haven't used it in a while. When it happens to me, I also find that navigation instruction are lost as well.

Might be worth putting it on charge for a few hours to see if they come back.
Brodit ProClip mount
bandk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me slow but.... It coincided with me updating the maps Very Happy yep mine were a few months out of date! so I have just updated my map and already there is a new one to download. Think I'll get the new map before I do anything about it.
kp40adman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have just downloaded any new map from TT you must re-do all the sound alerts for each camera type after you have downloaded the database .. take s a few minutes and it is easier to do it when docked to PC using TT Home ( can use mouse ).

BTW ..... if you have downloaded new map ... call TT Suppoprt and ask them to direct you to latest postcode file for maps ... it isnt distributed with the map !!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes taking a backup of the mapsettings.cfg file before installing new maps (you should have one as surely everyone backs up the entire unit before installing a new map???)and putting it back after can reinstall the alert settings.

Sometimes you need to connect the device to Home, run Operate My Device and add a Favourite for it to work.

Sometimes it just won't work and you have to start again.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: