Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fresh 3.0.1 / 2 - Problems with stopping satnavs working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fresh 3.0.1 / 2 - Problems with stopping satnavs working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Fresh 3.0.1 / 2 - Problems with stopping satnavs working Reply with quote

On Navigon FaceBook there is a lot of grief with people 'losing' their satnavs with these latest releases of Fresh. Navigon are working on 3.0.3 to corrrect the problem.

I don't know how widespread this is, but just be careful if you are thinking of updating your maps or software (I want the Michelin Green Guide but am holding off just for the mo).

But if anyone HAS used these versions without any trouble please post!
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Navigon Fresh Reply with quote

A colleague has gone through two Navigon 4350s in two weeks - both when connected to the computer so it seems it is bricking some of the units

Luckily Halfords are just replacing them for him, even though the first was nearly 9 months only

So it may be wise to keep away from the computer until this update comes out...?!
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
tornaway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a 4310 fo 3 weeks now and only Fresh I've had is 3.02, so far all downloads of poi and map upgrades have gone smoothly.

have not yet made a backup via Fresh, am in the proccess now so if anything goes titsup after that I will post again.

So far very pleased with my choice of Navigon, beats the old Garmin hands down, at least it knows the difference between an A road and a Motorway. Smile
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more detail about this in
Quote:
It's here - Michelin Green Guides
for anyone affected.
SergeiV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the Michelin Green Guides to my 8450 using Fresh 3.0.1 (maybe it was 3.0.2) and everything is fine. The problems come when I connected my 6320 with original USB cable. Windows 7 said that this device is not recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device. After that I changed a cable but Fresh stopped communication with 6310.

One more detail. Sometime when I connect Navigon to USB cable I get two announces “Do you want to scan and fix NAVIGONSC (K:)?” and “Do you want to scan and fix NAVIGONSC (J:)?” After scanning I got the message that “No problems were found…”
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those who HAVE been having problems with downloading maps and services, device not being recognised, and units being bricked because of fresh problems, there is good news (I hope. Navigon says (Google translate)
Quote:
We are currently experiencing problems with our Client and Fresh are working hard on solving the problem. We hope even before Wednesday to offer a new fresh update that resolves the problems are, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version of Fresh is out which should resolve the issues. I never had the issues to begin with.
Just purchased the Hotel guides and downloaded fine.
SergeiV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
The new release of Fresh 3.1.0 (Build 172) is working properly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: