Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - LIVE/HD Traffic and roadblocks ... sees 'em, but that's it
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

LIVE/HD Traffic and roadblocks ... sees 'em, but that's it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: LIVE/HD Traffic and roadblocks ... sees 'em, but that's it Reply with quote

Has anyone else encountered the problem of their x40 reporting a road block ahead, but not doing anything about it?

I've had the road block icon pop up three or four times recently to correctly report a road block on the route, but a suggested re-route has only taken place once to avoid it. On the other occasions, I was cheerfully sent right up to the block, the unit wanting me to carry on through it, apparently, and I was left to my own devices to decide what to do next (or to manually use the road blocked function).

Any ideas?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unit will offer another route IF it can find one that is FASTER than sitting in the delay.

Travelling up and down the M1 / A1 corridor i've been diverted off route many times when accidents, weather etc cause delays...
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem as Seamaster, two nights running a couple of weeks ago when TT HD Traffic said the M4 was closed from J2 to J4 Westbound.

The first night the TomTom announced that the route involved a closed road and offered to re-route. I checked the Traffic map, found it was the M4 but didn't believe it. I declined the re-routing and travelled by the original route and the M4 was, in fact, open.
As I drove along it, it still showed as being closed.

The next night I did exactly the same journey.
This time, the TomTom planned the route and DIDN'T report any road closures.
However, traffic bar was showing a closed road symbol and as I joined the motorway, I could see the road was still coloured as 'closed' on the display. The road was open on both nights.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
The unit will offer another route IF it can find one that is FASTER than sitting in the delay.

Er, anything's faster than sitting in front of a barrier blocking the road ahead, the road Tomtom wants to continue to send you along, despite simultaneously reporting that it's blocked. Confused

Not sure you understand the problem - basically a road that is closed, is reported as closed, but no re-route offered.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not sure you understand the problem - basically a road that is closed, is reported as closed, but no re-route offered.

Ooopps. Sorry See what you mean... Embarassed
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anything gone wrong with your settings? Is it set to always avoid, or always ask, or never avoid, or whatever.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always ask, and always has been. Cool
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only seen something similar once before and that was because the road block was not for the correct direction. It was set for my carriageway when it should have been the other.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm baffled by Seamaster's problem, but I can offer a possible suggestion towards Andy_P's, which is different because his TT offered a re-route. The M4 did have night time closures a couple of weeks ago westbound in the area he suffered. Possibly the closures hadn't started or had ended when he drove that way, but the HD Traffic situation had not been updated - it would not be the first such inaccuracy.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: