Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - It's here - Michelin Green Guides
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

It's here - Michelin Green Guides
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: It's here - Michelin Green Guides Reply with quote

The long awaited Michelin guides are now here;

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/shop/addons/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=12161790&produktId=12175711

Many people who switched from ViaMichelin a few years back when Navigon purchased the rights to the guides 2 years ago will be very pleased that we now have the guides in the UK (previously only available in France)
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: It's here - Michelin Green Guides Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
The long awaited Michelin guides are now here;

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/shop/addons/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=12161790&produktId=12175711

Many people who switched from ViaMichelin a few years back when Navigon purchased the rights to the guides 2 years ago will be very pleased that we now have the guides in the UK (previously only available in France)

Do the guides include hotel and restaurant recommendations?

Michael
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think so from a look - I think they are in the Red Guide. That's what I would like to see on the Navigon too!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Don't think so from a look - I think they are in the Red Guide. That's what I would like to see on the Navigon too!

At least we have the Green Guide's now... hopefully Red will follow? Smile
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make €14.95 on the International site a lot cheaper than £20 on the UK one, even with possible card charges. Anyone tried it?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other guides are now available Smile

http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/shop/addons/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=13795930&produktId=13788813

Hotel and Resturant guide Smile

Just a shame the made them seperate downloads
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that jonandmarkuk - just what I've been waiting for. BUT, there seems to be a problem with the latest Fresh releases which has 'bricked' peoples' units, so I've asked them about it.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Thanks for that jonandmarkuk - just what I've been waiting for. BUT, there seems to be a problem with the latest Fresh releases which has 'bricked' peoples' units, so I've asked them about it.

Really, what's been the problem. I had a issue with Windows 7 not launching the actual upgrade process but other than that it's worked fine?
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Michelin Guides Reply with quote

Really great news! Now I am ready to scale up to the 8450 or the new 70's models
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Michelin Guides Reply with quote

michaelj2 wrote:
Really great news! Now I am ready to scale up to the 8450 or the new 70's models

Depends what you want Smile The 84xx models could come down in price a little more when the 70's come out but they have already come down recently so not sure.
I don't think the 70's have the real city 3d mode but has the proximity sensor.
I was't lucky enough to test one of those models. I was looking at the basic 40 model and even that is very good.
Dymamic lane assistance is very good.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are getting 'device not recognised' message, other some message about a CL1.exe (?) execution error. Navigon say different problems are being caused by Fresh 3.0.1 &, I think, 3.0.2

Basically trying to update maps or optional software has caused several people to 'lose' their units. Navigon don't seem particularly fussed about this as an urgent problem (one or two actually NEED their unit working soon!), but say they are working on a solution in 3.0.3:

Quote:
"we do have problems with our Fresh Client, but we are already working on it to fix the problem. Please send us an email to facebook@navigon.com and we will contact you. Thanks and Sorry for the inconvenience"

Someone on Facebook has written:

Quote:
I found the solution to my problem on google. The previous version 3.0.1 has some kind of problem that corrupted the version.xml file. It removes som important lines that's needed for Fresh to recognize the device. Rows like:
config
software
version 7.0.13/version
brandNAVIGON_EU/brand...
platform2110max/platform
/software
content
A proper version.xml starts with rows similar to the ones above. Hope this can help others with the same kind of problem

I have to say, Navigon's support has gone from very good down 'to the pits'. They seem VERY reluctant to reply to peoples' queries these days - Support don't answer so Facebook team says 'send it to us', then nobody answers ...

My recent experience suggests they are under so much pressure with new releases that they are taking on new, very unknowledgeable support staff, who are simply not up to the job. And I worry very much that they are now even releasing software which has not been tested properly and causes severe difficulties,and GREAT dissatisfaction, which they seem slow to rectify.

I only hope they aren't overstretching themselves fatally and go the way poor old ViaMichelin did. I have to say I feel nervous about investing in their new range just now.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I worry very much that they are now even releasing software which has not been tested properly and causes severe difficulties,and GREAT dissatisfaction, which they seem slow to rectify.

I can assure you the new units have been tested for a number of months by 'real' users not Navigon people. I have been one and lots of bugs have been found an fixed.
I do think Navigon are busy working on lots of things at the moment so a problem with Fresh is going to have added to issues. Nothing confirmed but I think a lot of work is going to Fresh in order to support features on the new product lines.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the products themselves so much (except that the iPhone app seems to have a few issues for some) but that the support has become so dire in recent months (not only for me, but also for plenty of other not-so-happy FaceBook bunnies).

Still, all is not lost. While they still can't give a release date for Fresh 3.0.3 to solve the current problems of satnav non-recognition and, more seriously, killing some satnavs that try downloading, it doesn't seem to affect everybody. Also someone on GPSReview has gone into a little more detail of the problem mentioned above
Quote:
"go into the navigon folder you will see a file called version. right click on that file and choose edit. then change "version" back to "7.3.2", "build" to "39", "brand" to "navigon_us", "productprefix" to "k2" and "platform" back to "2100max". save and exit. restart unit and try fresh again."
Not yet confirmed that this particular fix (for a US 2100 of course) worked though. But if anyone really needs to download anything before the Fresh fix, taking a copy of this file first may be a useful precaution, as well as making any necessary Backup
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Installing Michelin Guides Reply with quote

Finally decided to wait for the 70 Premium Live Model. However, paid for the Michelin Hotel and Restaurant Guide but cannot install as after entering the activation code and then agreeing that it is for the Michelin Guide, I get an error which basically says please contact Customer Service. Is this related to the Fresh update issue?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Installing Michelin Guides Reply with quote

michaelj2 wrote:
Finally decided to wait for the 70 Premium Live Model. However, paid for the Michelin Hotel and Restaurant Guide but cannot install as after entering the activation code and then agreeing that it is for the Michelin Guide, I get an error which basically says please contact Customer Service. Is this related to the Fresh update issue?

If Fresh can see your device then that shouldn't be the problem. Sometimes the codes generated don't seem to work for some reason. I suggest you contact support, forwarding your purchase confirmation e-mail.
I think the e-mail address is support.uk@navigon.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: