Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Adam Blair and Talex again!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Adam Blair and Talex again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Adam Blair and Talex again! Reply with quote

Another email classic from Mr Blair has just descended into my mailbox.

Following on in a long line of laughable marketing emails, his latest is entitles "fire engines used as mobile speed traps?".

A quick read reveals this classic which he quotes as coming from a customer:

Quote:
"Dear Adam, Please could you tell me if the police can use Fire Engines in their hunt for speeding motorists?

Yesterday afternoon I was taking the dogs for a walk on the beach at Morfa Bychan, Porthamadoc and a police car passed me, heading back to town.

Further up the road - where they have just altered the speed limit to 30 mph - there was a fire engine parked.

There are only a couple of houses on that stretch of road, and there was definitely no fire.

But as I got closer I noticed what was definitely a camera against the windscreen of the Fire Engine.

Are the Welsh police being more devious than ever?

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera and there was nowhere to park safely on my side of the road.

I hope you can clear this matter for me. It's bad enough watching out for the police without having to watch out for fire engines as well! They don't hesitate to prosecute you for being just 2 mph over the speed limit.

Thank you, Janet.

Yes, Police are so desperate to catch speeding motorists that they will resort to covert cameras in Fire Engines Laughing

Seriously though, this is simply CCTV, installed in many appliances to thwart the mindless yobs who make malicious 999 calls and then attack or steal from fire engines.

The new CC of North Wales Police who is responsible for Porthmadoc (You'd think the letter author would know who to spell the name of her home town correctly?) has stated he wants his officers to concentrate on crime and serious offences and that they are to stop targeting motorists and sitting on slip roads with speed cameras etc. A nice change from the previous incumbent and his anti-motorist attitudes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: