Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New version of Telmap5 available for immediate download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of Telmap5 available for immediate download
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masplin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried upgrading the old version. since then I have uninstaleld and reinstaleld from scratch and seems to be working , but lost all my saved places which is pretty irritating!
aequous_humor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upgrading did not work for me either.
I got the telmap startup screen, but is got stuck at the 'saving resources message)

During the first reinstall Blackberry (9000 bold) freezed completely. Only battery pull could solve this.

second install was successfull. During first startup 'setting permissions' took a lot of time, but second startup was fast and telmap is working for me now
cmarviel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: languages Reply with quote

Hi, I've installed it in my BB9700 but I don't have the Italian language!?!?
The BB write me "Italian language is not supported" and I haven't it in the list of languages.. There are only English and I don't know.. another one similar at arabic symbols..
What can I do?
Thanx
victor0338
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I downloaded the new version, and this time my surprise I could finally try it with the support in my language ITALIAN on my blackberry Bold9700 ;) There are some things in my humble opinion should be revised as:

1. Translation is not completely perfect (see warning messages in camera, the message says "Telecamera PiA' avanti" it should be "Telecamera pił avanti"

2. The POIs are visible only: Parking lots and gas stations. Will in future be able to decide which POI can be visible on the route and what not?

3. The audio is quite good even if we think that the voice guidance tells us the name of the road to take. The only drawback is by trying Balckberry Bluetooth Headset HS-655 seems to distort the sound at the start of each message, and then fall to normal levels. I have not encountered this problem with the speaker of Bold 9700. Then I noticed that you can't select to hear the audio through the speaker or via bluetooth

4. There is no middle ground between short and easy path.

For the moment I found these things during my tests I will keep you updated.

Great work as always guys!

p.s. sorry about ma very bad english!! Sad
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Thank you for your input.

Cmarviel - Please make sure you are using the 5.11.74 version. In order to check your version select "Options | About" from the Telmap5 home screen. If your version is older, please:
a. Delete the application from your device (options--advanced options--applications--scroll down to Telmap5--press the menu button--press delete)
b. Reboot your device.
c. Browse to http://www.telmap.com/tmug directly with your BB and download the application suitable for your model.
d. Follow the onscreen instructions, pay attention to "allow" all permissions asked in the process.
e. After you've finished the installation properly, please enter the application. when you are asked to insert the activation code, please enter your new code. We have found that if you copy and paste the AC from your BB email into the application, whitespace characters get pasted in with the code and it is received as invalid, so please try to type in the activation code manually. Please also note to enter all the code letters in the same size (If the first one is capital letter, all the others should be capital letters as well).

Best regards,
TUG admin
gerryander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all,
I have the same problem of cmarviel on BB9700;
after download I see a message "Italian language is not supported" and after BB required activation code.
I tried some times the installation but every time at the end of download 9700 frozen and required restart hardware (sw 5.0.0.423)
With other applications I have not a problem.
After restart I have also a problem whit my code (answer "invalid code") and now I re-subscribe again for a new code... but this is an other problem...
Thanks
Cheers
Gerry
dncky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I use the tetmap on BB9000 OS 5 and in France.

The voice guidance is lowly when it says the name road/street. The volume knob doesn't activate.

The search for adress from the contact book can be improved. The suggestions don't suggest the source adress (but I try with one contact only for the moment)

The interface is very slow to open widget an other menu.

The road is very fast to reload if we change road.

The navigation on walk is good Smile

Sorry for my English =|

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: