Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New version of Telmap5 available for immediate download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of Telmap5 available for immediate download
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: New version of Telmap5 available for immediate download Reply with quote

Hello Forum,
I'm pleased to announce availability of a new version of Telmap5.

This version includes several internal bug fixes and adds support for French, German, Italian and Spanish. Otherwise, functionality remains essentially the same.

I am hopeful that this will resolve the various problems that some of you have encountered with the previous version to get you up and running as quickly as possible.

Please note that this version involves a significant change in our server environment.
Consequently, the current version will stop being supported from next Monday May3, 2010.

Therefore, to continue participating in the Telmap User Group you must update to the new version.

Those of you in the User Group who have been actively navigating should receive a personal email with the download link (that hasn't changed) and your new activation code.

If you do not receive such an email either contact me at TUGAdmin_at_telmap_dot_com or just go to our web site and re-register with us. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Please note that any previous activation code that you may have received will not work with this new version.

I look forward to your continued use of Telmap5 and am always eager to get your feedback.

Here is the link to our Feedback form
Here you can view the Telmap5 Quick Start Guide

Thanks
TUGAdmin
LaurieCad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Telmap 5 Reply with quote

Hi, is there anywhere I can get a user manual for 5? The other day I was using it on my Blackberry Bold 9000 and it embedded the time and distance to destination on the main screen. The next time I used it I couldn't work out how to get this again. Also, is there a way you can display speed?
Slight drawback on last build: with around 4 miles to go to on one or two destinations, the distance displayed jumped to the mid 90s...
rjak707
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems the new version is not ready for prime time. I am getting network timeouts or "Unable to process your request" when I try to navigate.
Everything else on my Blackberry 9700 working correctly including data
Please advise
mrtolles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: No Map? Reply with quote

I just download the New version, 5.11.74 but i have no map data. I am running a Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.545 in the US. The download link and the installed module both show EU on the end, and when i search, it says search for a place in Great Britain. I have uninstalled and battery pulled but still no Map. Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Tried even resending the link, still get the EU version when selection US and Canada?
acelink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: No local map or route planning Reply with quote

I have loaded the new version.It seems that the application assumes I am Eretz Yisroel as it will find places in Israel and let me calculate routes within Israel but as I am in Canada that doesn't do me much good.
It seems the servers need to be updated to reflect my true position.
I can not see any maps for Canada but if I search for Tel Aviv it will show up as 10,503 km from me which is correct.
So the GPS knows where I am but can not display maps or find places in Canada
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, i am going on vacation out of state next week, and this is the worst possible timing for me if the new version is not stable or is not working correctly!!
I must have a reliable GPS next week.

is anyone in the US and up and running on this new version?

EDIT: Well, i just tried to install and it hung at "Saving Resources"

is there a way to go back to the previous version?
mrtolles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seams from the responses, US and Canada are not getting the proper versions, hence the no maps for us. I'll continue to check the link (from your BB Browser, hit P for Page Address) to see if i ever get a link that does not say EU at the end.
rjak707
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it appears that the servers have been updated, now getting map data and able to navigate in Canada
rjak707
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manually typing an address works but still will not read address properly from contacts
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was able to get it installed and running properly by removing old version first.

my GPS signal seems very erratic today, and Telmap lost its network connection once as well, but i think that may be related to my location and phone, and not a Telmap issue.

i will have to test some more to be sure.

and traffic also seems to be working now, which didnt work in the old version Smile
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUGAdmin,

The newer version is working fine for me but I was a little unsure given all the posts above. It looks like there is still a great opportunity for you guys to work on your Change Management processes as well as improving the tool.
GuyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version downloaded and installed on my Bold 9700. I couldn't use the previous version as I could never see what I was trying to type. turns out as somebody on here posted you need to disable the predictive text and then it's Ok. Not an ideal solution and one which will cause a lot of people frustration so needs to be addressed in the next build.

other than that I tried v5 this morning and it worked well.
masplin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Failing to load new version Reply with quote

Is anyone else seeing this. I have downloaded the new version to my Bold 9700 and after a bit of a wait seemed to allow all the permissions. when I start it the green bar get about 95% of the way across but never finnishes and so I can't put in activation code. Ater about 2 minutes it just disappears and all buttons on my blackberry go dead. If i press the red button I can get back to my blackberry, but cannot see any sign of Telemap, but fairly sure it is active in the background somewhere as cannot reload it.

Have rebooted several times as only way to stop telemap application.

Any one know if I can renstall the old verison which worked absolutely fine?

Mike Sad
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masplin,

When you say you've rebooted was it a battery pull reboot? And did you upgrade the old version or remove the version and then install 'as new'?
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Some of the problems Reply with quote

Hi Forum,
I'm happy to see all the activity in the forum indicating that many of you have downloaded our new version and are starting to use it.

During this initial period after updating the whole User Group at once we are experiencing a larger number of support requests than usual so our response times will be slower - please understand and be patient.

I'd like to address some of the problems I see arising.

Internal Error
I see that for some people this problem has been solved, while for others it has arisen.
Please make sure you have completely removed the previous version before installing the new one. If you still get the error please contact me at TUGAdmin at telmap dot com and we'll try to help.

Searching in your region
Please make sure you have selected the right country. After selecting Search, with the search box displayed, select Change country from the BB options menu

US and Canada Maps
These are indeed supported. You need to select Change country as described above to select the State in which you want to do the search

Your location
When starting up Telmap5 it tries to determine your location by GPS or cellular network. This process may take several minutes. Only after your location has been determined can we display a map of your location. You can still search anywhere while this is happening.

Problems with network connectivity
For the download itself you can try checking that your BB browser setting is set to Internet browser (Options | Advanced options | browser). For normal usage - as a fully network-based system we require a network connection. There are locations where the network connection is spotty and inconsistent and this can prevent the application from working.

Problems saving permissions
If this hangs - then after doing it once and rebooting - try just closing the permissions screen without saving.

User Manual
We don't have a fully-fledged user manual - most people never read these. We do have a Quick Start Guide available.

I hope that helps.
Anyone who continues to experience problems is welcome to send me an email to the usual place - TUGAdmin at_telmap_dot com
Thanks
TUGAdmin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: