Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash 10 Camera Manager
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash 10 Camera Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: CM Voice Activation Reply with quote

I'm a little nearer; I've uploaded (1) the pgps sc gatso .gpx and sc gatso.bmp; (2) the mobile.gpx and mobile .bmp; (3) the Redlight sc. gpx and .bmp; and (4) the specs sc .gpx and sc specs bmp. The pois are recognised on the road and the bong warnings work.
In the same folder as the above, is another yellow folder -Output - containing hundreds of .wav files for each speed and direction. This folder appears not to have been uploaded by POI installer and I have no voice warnings on the Nuvi 310.
What else should I try? Rolling Eyes
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before you need to have the wav files in the same directory (not a sub folder, the same folder) as the GPX and BMP files.

In order to use the voice files each GPX file must have a matching wav / mp3 file in the same folder.

i.e.

PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Thirty.gpx
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Thirty.bmp
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Thirty.wav
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty.gpx
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty.bmp
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty.wav
etc

If you do not have this the voice alerts will not work...

It appears the output folder has all the possible voice files so you can just move the ones you need.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: CM voice activation Reply with quote

I'm obviously following an incorrect procedure. Would you tell me where I'm going wrong? I download CM to a folder - call it ASH10. The CM icon appears in the bottom right tray when told to run. It generates the 4 .gpx files and 4 bmp files in that folder. I download CM 3 Voice pack to a different folder then extract the contents of this zipfile to it, and make a file called 'output'which contains the .wav files. I copy 'output' to my POI directory - ASH10.
If this is wrong,and I'm sure it must be, how do I produce one folder from the four gpx, four bmp and the 'output' folder- as in your example
Yes, I am retired and slow, but still willing to learn!
Thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how to copy and paste files?

Do you know how to move a file?
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: CM Voice activation Reply with quote

Yes, I can copy and paste; yes I can move a file.
Do I copy and paste each .gpx and each bmp into another file ie still have 8 files in the new folder;then what should I do with the 'output' voice file? Where am I going wrong?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the voice files from the Output folder into the ASH10 folder with the GPX and BMP files. So you have all the GPX, BMP and wav files in the same folder.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: CM voice activation Reply with quote

Thank you; have done as you suggested and uploaded 27,480 poi's. Then received message-'unable to convert PocketGPS-SC Gatso wav to the proper format,therefore this audio file will not be transferred to the GPs device'. Does this mean I have to convert the .wav files to mp3? And if so can you tell me how?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. You also need to copy the sox.exe file from the output folder to the Ash10 folder too. Without it POILoader can't convert the files.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself, I have the sox.exe in the same folder as the Garmin POI Loader (rather than in the POI folder).

Dales.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: ASH 10 voices Reply with quote

CM is up and running;4 sc icons; 4 gpxs updated and downloaded. BUT Windows claims not to find sox.exe even though it is in ASH10 document with wav files for Gatso/specs/mobiles.
sox exe also in file with poi loader.
Windows also, 'unable to convert wav files to the proper format therefore audio file will not be transferred to GPS device'. Nuvi 310d.plays all other pgps voice packs.
Can you offer any further suggestions? Rolling Eyes
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To test this, I deleted the sox.exe from my own C/Garmin folder, then I ran my POI Loader, and then I got exactly the same error messages as you. I put the sox.exe back and all is well.

So it looks like you have trouble with your sox.exe. Perhaps it's corrupted in some way.

Try deleting the one in the C/Garmin folder, and copy and paste a fresh copy into there. It should be about 1,672 KB in size.

Make sure the PoiLoader.exe is in the same C/Garmin folder as the sox.exe

Dales.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: CM voices Reply with quote

Thanks for your help;I have done as you suggested - but without success.I think I am within a whisker! In c/Garmin I have Map Source Manual; Application Extensions;Web updater;POILoader application(is this same as poi .exe ?) to which I have added CM 3.0 Voice Warning (136MB) and sox.exe (118MB)
In 'My Documents' I have an ASH10 CM file containing CM.exe(144KB); CM MFC Application (144KB); a compressed pgpsw-speed-cam file and 21 selected wave sound files; plus the 4 sc BMP and 4 GPX files.
POI loader uploads my ASH10 file -26,304 pois, the red warning bar flashes, but there is no audible voice warning.
CM is set for - Directory- c\Docs and Setting\nick\My Documents\ASH10.
Have I got the files grouped wrongly or should I give up? Embarassed
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file size of 118 MB that you quote for sox.exe looks wrong.

As I said, my sox.exe is about 1,672 Kb.

The 118 MB looks about the size of the whole output FOLDER (with a yellow folder icon).

If you R-click on the icon, can you Open the folder to show its contents. If the FILE sox.exe is revealed, then Copy it from its existing folder, and Paste it into the C/Garmin folder.

Dales.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: CM voices Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help and patience. My voices are activated at last - more of an OAP marathon than sprint, but crossed the finishing line I hope.
I was confused between a sox 1.63 MB application and a sox 1.67 KB - both white/blue files.
Anyway, sox 1.67 now resides with poiloader in c/Garmin and my faithful old Nuvi 310d is gently warning me of the cameras ahead as I meander along!
Thanks again.
Spaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: cannot connect to pocket gps world Reply with quote

camera manager does not down load any thing its connected automaticly as it should but does nowt,if i log out of pocket gps world camera manager says not logged in meaning it was logged in when i log in again camera manager check now does not do any thing,ive cot a folder called ash10 for my files and data base which ive put on nuvi with garmin poi loader which is fine on satnav but does not connect to poket gps world and activate camera manager icon in the tray just sayscamera manager idle

ta Mal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: