Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash 10 Camera Manager
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash 10 Camera Manager
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Ash 10 Camera Manager Reply with quote

What does the message 'Your POI directory is not set, or is invalid ' mean please? I download the speed data base regularly to My Nuvi file and download to my Nuvi310 using POI loader. What should I be doing to make the Manager work, and do I download the same db, and can I use the Liz voice file unzipped into the speed.db. Thanks.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to tell Camera Manager where you keep the POI files (including Speed Camera Files) on your PC (i.e. where you normally unzip the database to before you upload it with POILoader). You do this under the Directories tab...

You do not need to download any database file. Camera Manager does this for you.

As for the Voice file you need to download the Voice file with Camera Manager in the title.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ash 10 Camera Manager Reply with quote

nicknacknoo wrote:
What does the message 'Your POI directory is not set, or is invalid ' mean please?

From the help page:

"Camera Manager uses a working directory, as shown in the POI directory display. For Garmin devices, this directory should be set to be the same as the one used by POI Loader."

Go to the directories tab and make sure that it's set appropriately.

nicknacknoo wrote:
I download the speed data base regularly to My Nuvi file and download to my Nuvi310 using POI loader. What should I be doing to make the Manager work, and do I download the same db

You don't need to explicity download the camera database - CM automatically does it all for you.

nicknacknoo wrote:
and can I use the Liz voice file unzipped into the speed.db. Thanks.

CM can generate a much wider range of camera warnings than the standard PGPSW ones - you might like to take a look at the CM-specific voice warnings (linked to from the help page).
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you; I have successfully downloaded and uploaded CM now. I have downloaded and unzipped the voice warning package into a file I have named Ash10, which contains the 4 GPX sc dbs, but the voice warnings do not function on the Nuvi. Can you offer further assistance?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 310 have an mp3 player? If not, you need to convert the mp3 to wav format with a program such as Audacity and use those.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: CM voice warnings Reply with quote

Yes, the model is a 310d(Halfords Special!); at present when I unzip Liz.-pardon the expression, I have a csv file. a pocketgps MP3. and a pocketgpsBMP file for each speed zone, and it works perfectly. Into which file should I unzip the CM 3.0 Voice Warning file to make the system work, please? At present I have the 4 GPXsc files, the BMP files and all the WAV files in one folder. Something wrong methinks!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mp3 files should be in the folder you use to upload the files to your unit with POILoader. i.e. the one Camera Manager generates the files in.

You shouldn't have any CSV files. Camera Manager generates GPX files for you instead.

Basically for each category there should be a GPX, a BMP and a MP3 file...

Maybe try emptying the folder and starting again?
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Uploading CM Reply with quote

I now have a folder 'My Garmin'; it contains: a Custom Waypoint Symbol Folder; a Garmin -rmu; another Garmin-rmu; a POILoader for Windows; a CM 3.0 voice Warning ZIP, a pgpsw sc uk ZIP, a CM MFC app., the 4 separate pgps-sc gpxs, the 4 separate bmps.
Please would you explain, step by step, how best to arrange these -ie should I have the gpxs and bmp, zipvoice and zippgpsw. cm in a separate folder which POI Loader will pick up and upload to my Nuvi.
Into which file do I unzip Voice warnings before uploading?
Presumably I should delete existing pgps pois from Nuvi before uploading CM files.
Thanks for your support.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have already successfully added POIs to your unit before then you are halfway there.

Camera Manager (CM) downloads a single ZIP file into your POI folder and then generates the GPX files which it also places in that folder along with the BMP files. You add the voice files (unzipped) to that folder.

Each time the database is updated CM downloads a new single ZIP file and generates the new GPX files. The BMP and voice files remain untouched. You upload the contents of that folder with POILoader.

Quote:
Presumably I should delete existing pgps pois from Nuvi before uploading CM files.

POILoader will do that for you.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: CM and Voice Warnings Reply with quote

CM has downloaded a zip file of UK cameras and generated the 4 categories with their BMPs - to my Unit Nuvi 310 with MP3. and it works, but with no CM voice warning.
CM has not deleted the existing csv db. This continues to work with Liz as voice warning so......
I have deleted the csv db with Liz from the unit.
The unit still does not play the CM voice warnings, with the gpx files.They play on the pc.
Have you any further suggestions to help me make it work, please?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does each GPX file have an MP3 file with exactly the same name? The extension will be different (i.e. MP3 not GPX) but the name should be exactly the same)

Which settings are you using on the Settings tab?

Which Voice pack did you download?
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Voice Warnings with CM Reply with quote

I have A GPX file for each speed.
I have an unzipped CM 3.0 voice warning file.
I have changed from 'Camera Type' to 'Speed Limits' in the CM settings.
The unzipped voice warning file contains the blue WAV files. Are these the same as MP3, or have I downloaded the wrong files?
I do not have an MP3 file to match each of the GPX files.
I downloaded the CM 3.0 voice warning pack as I thought this was the appropriate pack
When using pgps uk db, I unzipped the Liz voice file into the pgps file and got a csv, a bmp, and a mp3. -all works
On using CM, I have a GPX file, a BMP, but no matching MP3 -apart from the WAV files which remain unzipped.
I hope that helps you understand my quandary!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On using CM, I have a GPX file, a BMP, but no matching MP3 -apart from the WAV files which remain unzipped.

Basically you need to end up in a situation where you have a folder with a GPX file, a BMP file and a MP3 (or WAV) file with matching names.

for example

PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Thirty.gpx
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Thirty.bmp
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Thirty.mp3
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty.gpx
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty.bmp
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty.mp3
etc

Download the Voice pack for CM3 from here

From the ReadMe file

Quote:
Make Voice Warnings - for Camera Manager 3.0 - (c) Ash10, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Create a temporary directory on your hard disk, and extract the contents of this zipfile to it.

Double-click on "Make Voice Warnings.exe" - this will create a new subdirectory called "output", and using "sox.exe" will fill it with all the 395 required voice warnings made from the following 23 source samples:

BongBong.wav
Gatso.wav, Mobile.wav, Redlight.wav, Specs.wav
North.wav, East.wav, South.wav, West.wav
One.wav, Five.wav, Fifteen.wav
Ten.wav, Twenty.wav, Thirty.wav, Forty.wav, Fifty.wav, Sixty.wav, Seventy.wav, Eighty.wav, Ninety.wav
Hundred.wav
And.wav

When finished, copy all 395 files from the output subdirectory to your POI directory - when updating your Satnav unit, POI Loader will automatically include only the ones that are needed.
nicknacknoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: PGPG/ CM / CM voice activation Reply with quote

Thank you PaulB for your patience! I want to get to the position you demonstrate. I am unable to display the files as you do.
In my POI directory, I have all the .gpx files; all the BMP files; and all the voice output files in a separate folder. What must I do I arrange them as you do, please. Embarassed
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In my POI directory, I have all the .gpx files; all the BMP files; and all the voice output files in a separate folder.

Are all three types of file in the SAME folder? If so, that's all you need to do. If not, move them all to the same folder. Then upload with POILoader.

Do you have a situation where each GPX file has a BMP and MP3 file with the same name?

If you just wish to sort the files by name then either click on the bar at the top of the file list which says Name or right click on a blank area of the folder and select

Sort By - Name

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: