Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - warnings for xl live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

warnings for xl live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markybtenerife
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: warnings for xl live Reply with quote

im sat here waiting for the delivery man to bring my new xl live
and whilst im doing that im getting all the cameras and pois ready.
but i was wondering which of the speed camera icons to use.
on my old pda i used the 24x24 but im guessing i can now use the 44x44. but i read that you should use the 44 and the 24 together is this right , and which ones should i use
also im going abroad soon, so can i also add the kph ones as well, and use them with the mph ones
is there a voice warning that speaks in kph that can be used alongside the mph ones
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you will need both the 24 and 44px icons. The 24px ones are used on the map and the 44px ones are for the alerts in the top-left corner.

The EUR database and icons have different filenames to the UK ones so can be used together (just takes a bit longer to set up the alerts).

On the Voice alerts page, there are km/h warnings in the Kate set. Very Happy
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the icons....

The 22x22 (or you can use 24x24) are ALWAYS needed.

The 44x44 "x2" versions are OPTIONAL. They only make the enlarged view in the top left corner when you approach the camera look better (because the system doesn't have to enlarge the small one). They make no difference to the normal icon on the map or driving view.

For historical reasons I cannot remember, the icons bundled in with the camera data files in the normal weekly camera database download have the OLD style icons as the normal sized ones (so for example the mobile sites look like this: with the speed limit in small red numerals in the corner), but have GerryC's alternative ones for the large-size ones (which all look like speed limit signs but in different colours, so for example the mobiles look like this: ).

I suggest you replace the normal-sized ones with Gerry's too.
They are ALL available and explained on his own website HERE, or on this site HERE.

You only have to do it once... just remember to only copy across the new camera datafiles whenever you update them, so you don't overwrite your new icons with the default set.

---------------------------------------
Euro..
Yes you can have the UK and Euro camera database and icons on your system at the same time. The filenames are different so they can co-exist happily.

--------------------------------------

Euro voice warnings.....
Yes, there is one voice pack for Europe. All the voice packs are available from THIS PAGE and the one you're looking for is "Kate".
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN!
20 minutes writing and finding the right links and images, then beaten to it by a minute by Gerry! Evil or Very Mad
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
DAMN!
20 minutes writing and finding the right links and images, then beaten to it by a minute by Gerry! Evil or Very Mad

Perhaps in future you should make a pPost saying "I'm on to it but it will take me a few minutes to get the details and links together", then everyone else might leave it alone. On the other hand, of course, they might treat it as a challenge to beat you to it! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Samsung Galaxy S21
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
DAMN!

Jumping With Joy And all I was thinking was that the question was up for almost 45 mins without an answer and I had an opportunity to beat you/Mike/Dennis et all to answering it. The important bit is that we gave the same answers though. Very Happy

PS, for now, just link to the page here. My own page will move when I get round to it.
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh sorry... Reading it back, I could have done with a second smiley to show I wasn't really upset! Very Happy

Anita wrote:

Perhaps in future you should make a pPost saying "I'm on to it but it will take me a few minutes to get the details and links together", then everyone else might leave it alone.

That's an idea!

Anita wrote:
On the other hand, of course, they might treat it as a challenge to beat you to it! Rolling Eyes Laughing

The swines!.... Twisted Evil

GerryC wrote:
I had an opportunity to beat you/Mike/Dennis et all to answering it. The important bit is that we gave the same answers though. Very Happy

I suppose as we were talking about YOUR icons, you have a tiny claim to be able to talk about them. Just don't let it got to your head!

GerryC wrote:
PS, for now, just link to the page here. My own page will move when I get round to it.

Noted...

I only had your page bookmarked, but then I thought I remembered seeing it re-printed here too. And that was my undoing, spending the time finding the link manually! Crying or Very sad
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We both took your reply with the Very Happy that you had on your face when you typed.

By the way, just to be blatently pedantic, the "old" icon you posted ( ) is my consolidated by type one. I think you meant . Razz

It's 'Free POIs and more' - 'Customise Your SatNav' - 'Icons'.

I'll stop now. Embarassed

markyb, please let us know if this works or not. We'll get back on topic if you need us. Smile

Gerry
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:

By the way, just to be blatently pedantic, the "old" icon you posted ( ) is my consolidated by type one. I think you meant . Razz

Whoops, sorry. I've got the icons I wanted to use on my PC, but Virgin have screwed up my webspace so I haven't been able to upload anything to it for weeks, so I'm floundering around looking for stuff in other places.
markybtenerife
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the help
tom tom xl came while i was at work today. and i not been in long, so its charging and updating at the moment
seems to taking ages to back up
once thats done i will have a play with the icons and ill let you know how i get on
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markybtenerife wrote:

tom tom xl came while i was at work today.

In some bizarre penny-pinching exercise, TomTom only put USB 1 chips in the ONE and XL models, so transfer rates are MUCH slower than the USB 2 speed we've got used to.
markybtenerife
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
markybtenerife wrote:

tom tom xl came while i was at work today.

In some bizarre penny-pinching exercise, TomTom only put USB 1 chips in the ONE and XL models, so transfer rates are MUCH slower than the USB 2 speed we've got used to.

so thats why it took so long,
was better on my pda when i could take the sd card out. and put it in the card reader
anyway done the icons and voice warnings and all is fine, everything seems to be working fine
thanks for all your help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: