Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XL Live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XL Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kestreluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: XL Live Reply with quote

Can some one tell me how I can put the GPS World Speed Camera's onto my new XL Live Question as the format seems to differ from my old unit
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all - good choice of device Very Happy

Unzip the file you have downloaded and copy all of the .ov2 and .bmp files into your map directory on your TT (Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB).

Do a full Windows Explorer backup before you do anything else!
kestreluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that seemed to work OK, my problem was that tomtom home loaded and I was trying to do it via that not directly to the device. Thanks once again Laughing
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the backup done and then use HOME to upgrade to 8.419 (latest release for the XL LIVE) and then use Latest Map Guarantee to upgrade your maps to 845.

Also, see the sticky about postcode files and upgrade those to 845 as well - download the zip fie, extract it and overwrite the 4 files in your zip folder on your TT with the 4 in the zip file.

Navcore 9 shouldn't be too far away now for us XL LIVE users - if you can't wait you can always install 9.026 for the XL IQ Routes - I even have a fix for getting TTS (Text to Speech) working with 9.026 - see this thread for details.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a general rule, try to use Home as little as possible - only for buying new maps and software updates.

Just about everything else can be done better and easier by simple copy and paste routines in Windows Explorer (or the Mac equivalents).

The most important thing is your BACKUPS. These are really essential and should always be done with Explorer not Home.

In Home, there is a preferences option NOT to let it start up when you plug the XL into the computer. I suggest you use it! You can run it from the Start menu like any normal program.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: