Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Extra 6 months of maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra 6 months of maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Extra 6 months of maps Reply with quote

When connecting my devices to update the PGPS speed camera database I also update the TT data. For both devices 510 & 520 I was being offered an extra 6 months map update without extra charge (I don't believe anything is free) I have not checked out the actual price but if its genuine it seems to be OK I may do it for one of the devices, probably the 510 because I still prefer it to the 520.

I have read that users have succeeded in getting maps updates transferred to another device when the one they were purchased for expired due to old age is this the norm with TT now?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the extra 6 months is for when you subscribe to tomtom's map update program - i.e. you pay a set fee and get 4 maps through the 12months. the offer is simply for the same price you get 6 maps over 18 months - you still have to pay so it's not totally free, just extra value.

MaFt
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt I had realised you only got the extra six months of updates when you subscribed to the map update service I am not that thick. What I was asking is do TT now regularly transfer a subscription from one device to another if the subscribed on dies.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricWB wrote:
MaFt I had realised you only got the extra six months of updates when you subscribed to the map update service I am not that thick. What I was asking is do TT now regularly transfer a subscription from one device to another if the subscribed on dies.
There have been posts recently reporting success in transferring to a replacement device - it seems that it can be done by TomTom on request, it's not automatic. I imagine the two devices have to be at least similar maps (510, 520, 530, 540, 550). There was a time when if you registered a new device using your existing TomTom account email address, maps would transfer without needing help from TT, but since the maps were linked to individual devices, that came to an end.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
1952kev
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got my map update subscription transferred from an old ONE V1 (4.3 screen) to my new 520 (widescreen) just by Emailing TT support.

They take a day or two to answer each time but couldn't have been more helpful.
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks DennisN and 1952ken for your intelligent answers I think I will subscribe to the maps for my 510 where I have used the service before and hope it survives for 18 months if it doesn't and the 520 survives it I will ask TT to consider a transfer.
EricWB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went ahead with the update and was surprised at the cost for Uk&ROI it was £9.90 to upgrade the existing map which is now 2 quarters out of date and then only £19.80 for another 6 updates over 18 months, so apparently good value for money but I must admit I would still not change a road atlas more than once a year for less cost, but that's technology for you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: