Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A solution for TTS pronunciation for Go models (Loquendo)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A solution for TTS pronunciation for Go models (Loquendo)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll only get a log file if there is something wrong. If everything is running ok it won't create one.
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got anymore feedback on the 3 rules?

They work flawlessly on UK&RoI, but still I still have the occasional semicolon and commas appearing on some roads on W&CE.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARViN2003 wrote:
Anyone got anymore feedback on the 3 rules?

They work flawlessly on UK&RoI, but still I still have the occasional semicolon and commas appearing on some roads on W&CE.

They work fine for me but sometimes I think there are phrases omitted ("towards xxxx") or sometimes a whole advance warning but it is dificult to know without making the same journey again with the original Loquendo files or using the route planning function (can't remember its exact name).

The use of "zero" rather than "oh" annoys me and I am trying to construct a set of instructions to fix this but am struggling, mainly because I have never been into regular expressions (my Unix days were 15 years ago!).

layingback's version is a start and I have four digit numbers working but getting the correct "oh" insertions in the correct places has ended up with many rules and I can't get them all to work Sad

Does TT use four digit road numbers with a preceding zero if necessary? If I use a pattern of (1-9) (0-9) 0 (0-9) it works with four character numbers but (1-9)0(1-9) doesnt pick up A109 but (0-9)(1-9)0(1-9) does?

Is there any way of intercepting the character stream going into Loquendo to see what is being sent by TT. This would give the exact format used but I have been unable to find any documentation for the Loquendo product at this level on the internet Sad

Still trying - because I can rather than I need to!
Google Nexus One with Google Maps & NDrive
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:
Is there any way of intercepting the character stream going into Loquendo to see what is being sent by TT. This would give the exact format used but I have been unable to find any documentation for the Loquendo product at this level on the internet Sad

Still trying - because I can rather than I need to!

Been on internet and found the Loquendo user guide, programmers guide (for the windows version Sad ) and installation manual here:-

http://dosonic.com/doc/User%27s%20Guide/html/

http://dosonic.com/doc/Programmer%27s%20Guide/html/

http://dosonic.com/doc/Loquendo%20TTS%207%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

There is a parameter that goes into the default7.session file in the format

"TraceFile" = "/mnt/sdcard/LoquendoTTS/trace.txt"

Which outputs boatloads of trace data including each word and punctuation character to be read. Loads of data to wade through but it may be able to find out the difference between the GB and Europe maps - I dont have the Western Europe map to compare Sad
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked, I'll get tracing Smile
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some rules early on to have 'oh' and 'double o' etc.

I've updated them with the other info I've gleaned so far:

Code:
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 \5 \6 \pause=120 \spell=no \8"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])0([1-9])([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 oh \4 \5 \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])0([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 oh \5 \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])0([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 \5 oh \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])0([1-9])0([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 oh \4 oh \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])00([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 double oh \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])00([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3_ double oh \4 \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])000([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 thousand \pause=120 \spell=no \5"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 \5 \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])0([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)"= "\1 \s \2 \3 oh \4 \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])0([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 oh \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])00([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 hundred \pause=120 \spell=no \5"

See if they do what you are after Greenglide...
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARViN2003 wrote:
I made some rules early on to have 'oh' and 'double o' etc.

I've updated them with the other info I've gleaned so far:

I have tried them and made a few changes (an underscore was omitted when more than one word was spoken, a Nx was omitted for the "A1065" type of road so the 65 came out as sixty five).

The "double oh" is a problem as the pronunciation is hopeless. Changed it to "oh oh" but they tend to run together. The best I have managed so far is "oh, oh" which gives a slight pause between the words.

I will run around with it for a couple of days but all the obvious ones work A109, B4040, A190 (which comes out as A one ninety), B4004 and B4400 albeit with the problem with the pronunciation.

Thanks a lot.

The file I am currently using is here:-

Code:
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 \5 \6 \pause=120 \spell=no \8"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])0([1-9])([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 oh \Nx \4 \5 \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])0([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 oh \Nx \5 \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])0([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 \5 oh \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])0([1-9])0([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 oh \4 oh \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])00([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4_ oh, oh \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])00([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3_ oh, oh \4 \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])000([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 thousand \pause=120 \spell=no \5"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 \5 \pause=120 \spell=no \7"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])0([1-9])([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)"= "\1 \s \2 \3 oh \4 \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])([1-9])0([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 \4 oh \pause=120 \spell=no \6"
"(^|[ \t]+)([M|A|B])[ \-]*([1-9])00([;:,\.]?)($|[ \t]+)" = "\1 \s \2 \3 hundred \pause=120 \spell=no \5"

Dovey120
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first posting. I am fascinated by all the work done to correct the number pronunciation and have tried to read many of the 9 pages in this forum. My main question is would the hard work of Marvin2003 work in the US XXL540 model? I think I saw it was definitely for the GO models, but how about others? If so, I am ready to make a go of it. Thank you for your reply !!
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dovey120 wrote:
This is my first posting. I am fascinated by all the work done to correct the number pronunciation and have tried to read many of the 9 pages in this forum. My main question is would the hard work of Marvin2003 work in the US XXL540 model? I think I saw it was definitely for the GO models, but how about others? If so, I am ready to make a go of it. Thank you for your reply !!

This thread is mainly about UK versions of TT because the road numbering system is diferent here.

If you look at http://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/21171-how-fix-poor-tts-pronunciation.html haly was down there is a link to a thread about "Enunciation" which addresses similar issues in US models.

It will work on any model which has Text To Speech using Loquendo 7 or higher. Since I assume you are getting road numbers read out as "three hundred and twenty seven" rather than "Three Two Seven" you ought to be able to use the US fix.

Of course this wouldnt correct the problem if you had a UK map - the chabges are at a device level rather than a map level but it must be possible to build a single file that handled all the road naming systems which would then simply leave us with the different languages to deal with!

Best of luck!
Dovey120
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greenglide, I will try it but will make an Explorer backup first.
Now for the dumb question......Should I use this in place of one of the other files in Loquendo TTS/Data file, and if so, which one ? Also, should I copy and paste this into the file you name after renaming the original just in case ?I've made many minor voice adjustments (pronunciation, spacing between words, etc) per the US site you listed, but have not tried this yet.
Please advise.
Thank you very kindly !! I am very anxiou to try it.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dovey120 wrote:
Should I use this in place of one of the other files in Loquendo TTS/Data file, and if so, which one

If you already have a roadnrEnglishUS.REX file in the loquento folder or any of its subfolders you need the edit that. If you dont have one it needs to be created but will need other files to point to it. Unfortunately the US structure is different from the UK one but I think it is easier to find.

I assume you have been changing the .lex file to make "minor tweaks" to the sounds? I believe the .rex file should be at the same location.
Dovey120
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been going into the file which lists many of the spoken terms which I thinkis the one about which you've written. I wanted to make sure which file to redo and you are correct about the US files. I will try it tonight if possible. Many thanks.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing with my TT Go 540 and with the "proper" Loquendo V7 installed rather than the V7 installed over V6.x on a Go 520 the file structure seems different.

In the \LoquendoTTS\data\languages\English there is a set of files like EnglishGb.xxx and there is a file EnglishGbTT.rex.

This contains the abbreviations (including Roman Numerals Rolling Eyes , millions, billions and trillions of currency units (seriously Shocked ) time zones etc.

By appending the contents of one of the .rex files given earlier to this thread the numbers come out correctly without losing anything such as the SMS abbreviations.

None of the other files is required and it works. I will try it with the 520 later to see if that is the same.

Note that because this is a Linux based system the line terminator is a LF rather than the CR+LF expected by Windows. This means that the contents of the file comes out as a single string if viewed in NotePad. Using a decent text editor rather than the Microsoft rubbish (my favourite is TextPad - it is brilliant) or WordPad (comes with Windows) and saving the file as a standard text file gets round this and puts the CR+LF in and Loquendo is not bothered which line delimiter is used.

Quite impressed Surprised
MARViN2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greenlide,

I found that file a while ago and didn't think of appending the number rules to it.

I'll have a go as well, and tell me how you get on as well.
trooper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenglide wrote:
By appending the contents of one of the .rex files given earlier to this thread the numbers come out correctly without losing anything such as the SMS abbreviations.

Could you post a link to the .rex file you used?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: