Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 700 Red flashing triangle- Bin it or fix it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 700 Red flashing triangle- Bin it or fix it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a Go-700 you need to click Here for the latest Navcore, then use WinRar to install it to the device - Mike
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have the Navcore files now. Can someone recommend a safe place to get WinRar from? I'm a bit out of my depth with all of this but since the patient is already dead I can experiment.... Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download WinRar from Here - Mike
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I to have managed to get the Navcore files on the TT (if this is what they look like!)

That seems to be what windows is seeing on the TT (g drive)

And I have run clear flash. And have the TT charged and on mains power. So now I need to get the maps etc loaded? But if I try with TT Home v1.6) I still get the first warning message above. Confused I think the reason it takes multiple 'OK' clicks to clear it is it it has many instances of the same fault. Should I be trying to get the maps from somewhere else? Thanks for your time on this. Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What map are you trying to install using Home, was this map a backup file or supplied from Home or even from a DVD/ CD? - Mike
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Home. I'm not sure I was doing it right. I was trying to download via the button that says 'TomTom application for go (and a few others. I do have the original CD but it seems to be just a manual.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neill wrote:
Thanks for all your help so far. Very Happy Well I'm back on a good connection now. I have deleted all the files on the TT (after making a copy) and I have downloaded v1.6 of Home as suggested above. It starts the download but soon come up with an error message.

Which can only be cleared by multiple clicks on the cross or 'OK' Then it says TT needs to close. Any ideas? Confused

I would guess that the message is related to voices. Male, Female, Young Female could be voice types. As you have no voices on your device yet this could be causing problems with Home.
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a thought. If you look at the blue highlighted bit above that message (which is a bit faded in the pic) it says 'From device' which does seem like the TT is causing it rather than a problem with the download.

Perhaps I should try downloading the voices only first (since Home seems to offer them separately) and then the maps. I really have no experience with all this, just looking for files and stuff on the laptop seems confusing enough to me!
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neill,
I have just downloaded and extracted the same files, they appear to be the same as you have in your screenshot, so all OK there.
If TTHome is still not performing, go to the back-up you made on your PC from your TT using WinExplorer, "copy" the Folder which contains the maps and "paste" it back onto your TT in the same place where you extracted the NavCore , i.e. directly onto the TT drive and not in any folders. Your map folder shall be called "UK & ROI" or "Western & Central Europe", etc.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ali. I have the files back on now but no change. Crying or Very sad Just for interest I opened the copy of the 'Voices' folder and about half of the files in there say they are 'recovered file fragments- pieces of file found when your disc was scanned'. There is also another less common parse file message for language, so perhaps some of those files are corrupted too.

I haven't see any change in the fault, it still won't turn off using the on/off button, although once it's connected to the computer it will turn off as normal. Also when connected, the red flashing cross isn't there any more just a pic of the back of a TT on a green background and the words 'TomTom GO 700'.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity (and with some hindsight - sorry) did you try switching your TT on after you had installed the NavCore but before you connected it to TTHome? and/or before you copied back the maps?

If so, I think the correct thing for the TT to do is to report that it can not find any installed maps, and not to display that Red Cross.

The activity you describe when your TT is connected to your PC is normal and therefore good news.

Your comments about broken files, I think i have read on this forum before that this is how Windows interprets some TomTom specific files so this may be normal also.

EDIT - Hi Neill, I have just looked at your screenshot again. Apologies if I'm wrong but isn't that taken before the files were unpacked? Have the files definitely been unpacked to the TomTom? I'm sure that you must have done this but i'm just double checking.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Neill, I have just looked at your screenshot again. Apologies if I'm wrong but isn't that taken before the files were unpacked? Have the files definitely been unpacked to the TomTom?

I don't think I did. How do I do it? Embarassed

Should the backup copy of the maps etc have had the same treatment when I reintalled them? I just highlighted them as they were on the screen and chose 'Send to G drive device' (which is the TT) from the right click menu. I have this feeling I'd better start agiain! Thanks for all your time Ali Not Worthy
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I usually unpack by using WinRar is to go to the unzipped file on your PC (the icon shall look like a multi-coloured stack of books) then right click once on the icon. This will open a menu of which one choice shall be "Extract To" (or similar). Left click once this option and then select the path to your TT. Before unpacking, ensure that you have it set to "over-write existing files with the same name" in the WinRar options that display on screen as you choose the path to TT (just in case you did extract them before and they were corrupted/broken).

I am unfamiliar with the Go700, does it have an SD slot where you can insert a memory card? If your hard drive is not being read by TT, it may be possible to put the software on a SD card if a slot exists and operate it from there.

I must admit that I am beginning to run out of ideas/suggestions. Normall a wipe-clean and an incremental re-install works every time. If anybody else has any ideas please step in.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Ali beat me to it Very Happy

Neill wrote:
I just highlighted them as they were on the screen and chose 'Send to G drive device' (which is the TT) from the right click menu.
'Send to' is not one of the right click options from within WinRar but from within Windows itself.

If you get the 'Send to' right click option, it seems that you have already unpacked them when you are trying to copy them to your TT.

To 'Unpack the files from WinRar' I find that the eisiest way is to:-
1 place the packed zip/rar file into the folder that you wish to unpack it into,
2 double click it to open WinRar
3 highlight the files within WinRar, then drag and drop them into the folder

you will then have a folder containing the zip file and all its content. you may then delete (or move elsewhere) the zip file.
Neill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yet again... It's looking a bit more hopeful. I can see the stack of books icon. Right click brings-

Extract files
Extract here
Extract to Navcore_7903.9183.9183\go700

I'll try 'extract files' as soon as I get a chance. (Or should it be the bottom one?) No sd card on this 700.

Where computers are concerned I can only get things right if I am led by the nose using the simplest terms possible. I've never even heard of most of the file types! Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: