Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6310 vs 7310 ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6310 vs 7310 ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: 6310 vs 7310 ??? Reply with quote

Hi

I like the Navigon products vs the others (Tom Tom etc), the 6310 or 7310 look best suited to me (price & functions)

But what is the difference between these two ... No amount of searching or asking Navigon seems to answer my question?

Thanks

Rich
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see you can't do a compare under the 'shop' tab because the 7310 isn't included. I've checked the international site in case it's there but the comparison page isn't available at the moment. I suggest (if you haven't done it already) that you print off/compare the specifications from the 'products' section.

I have a feeling that the 7310 may now be getting 'old hat' whereas the 6310 is one of the more recent introductions, but in any case that wouldn't necessarily make it a bad choice.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6310 can also be upgraded to become a 6350 for the LIVE traffic and other services.
If you need caravan suitable routing the 6310 can be upgraded to provide routes based on the vehicle dimensions.

At the moment the 6350 and 8450 can't make use of the 'Truck' Navigation add on.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's true as jonandmarkuk says. However, if you do want Live services, you may well find it cheaper to go straight for the 6350 (which already has Live) rather than pay for a 6310 and Live module upgrade separately. (Unless you need the caravan option and jonandmarkuk is meaning effectively that the 6310 HAS the 'truck' (caravan?) option but the 6350 doesn't?).

Hope that's not too confusing!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
Yes, that's true as jonandmarkuk says. However, if you do want Live services, you may well find it cheaper to go straight for the 6350 (which already has Live) rather than pay for a 6310 and Live module upgrade separately. (Unless you need the caravan option and jonandmarkuk is meaning effectively that the 6310 HAS the 'truck' (caravan?) option but the 6350 doesn't?).

Hope that's not too confusing!

Correct. The xx50 models have different software which currently doesn't have the 'Truck' software option.
ellison64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7310 doesn't have live services but has a presumably better cpu processor and gps (sirf titan 600MHZ vs sirf iv 500MHZ).It also has glass screen ,and larger internal memory (4gig).Personally i think its better than the 6310 which is perhaps a cost cutting exercise? ,although it doesnt have live services.
ellison

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: