Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another disappointed Tom Tom 3 user
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another disappointed Tom Tom 3 user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pagemakers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Another disappointed Tom Tom 3 user Reply with quote

I am another user who is disappointed with Tom Tom 3.

I can't believe the M6 toll road is missing despite Tom Tom's advertising newsletter stating: Up-to-date route information: Includes the very latest maps for improved accuracy door to door Christ, the Toll road has been open for a year now.

The address lookup facility is awful. Select a town then "high street" and you are presented with a huge number of high streets and 99% of them are not in the town you selected. This makes the product almost useless unless you know the post code too.

Version 3 is a backwards step from Version 2.

What a waste of money upgrading. How do I get a refund?
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, bit of a shocker isn't it! The "I think TTN3 is a load of Bo**ocks" Club is growing by the day! You have two choices really, uninstall TTN3 and revert back to TTN2 and wait until TomTom sort this mess out or take it back to the shop and demand your money back - don't know how easy that is though. If you had it sent from TomTom maybe you should e-mail them and tell them you want your dosh back. I am plumbing for the first option as I honestly believe they will have to get this sorted for the sake of their reputation.
Please accept my condolences!

Tom
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both these issues have been discussed in fair detail in the forums. The address lookup is addressed in my 'open letter' to TomTom - I'm going to contact the CEO to try to move things forward with that.

M6 Toll - it's really too new to be in the Navigator 3 maps.

David
Pagemakers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a reply from Tom Tom:

Parts of the M6 are on the map. Any part of the M6 completed (December 2003) after October 2003 may not be reflected on the map. Road constructions projects have been known to be delayed quite often and sometimes with very little advanced notice. If the project had been delayed by several months then our software would ask that you drive down an unfinished road, and our customers would then have objected to this. You might wish to notify our digital map provider of this issue at the website below:

http://www.teleatlas.com/template_feedback.jsp?ctype=support_feedback_pda&contentpage=EnterPDARequest.jsp

We are currently investigating an issue with searching for UK cities and we ask for your patience and understanding at this time. Pending that investigation try searching via county or post code if you can not find a city.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David

looks like they don't understand what's wrong with the address search - perhaps your letter wasn't clear enough!

Pagemakers wrote:
Got a reply from Tom Tom:

We are currently investigating an issue with searching for UK cities and we ask for your patience and understanding at this time. Pending that investigation try searching via county or post code if you can not find a city.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

If they are only looking at a problem that some cities are missing they have missed the point big time. How can they not understand that we can't search for roads within a city!

As a navigational aid tomtom is effectively dead in the water - poor product - poor support - poor maps - poor reliability.

Could I respectively request that the review of TTN3 - still showing a 95% rating is re rated to reflect that you can no longer find a street with it (a serious flaw in a navigational aid) - I would suggest that a more realistic rating is 35%.

Cheers

Ian
Pagemakers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another bug.

When you approach some islands and you want to take to 2nd exit and the 1st exit is a dual carriage way, you are told to take the 3rd exit. It is counting the wrong way down a dual carriage way as an exit!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagemakers wrote:
There is another bug.

When you approach some islands and you want to take to 2nd exit and the 1st exit is a dual carriage way, you are told to take the 3rd exit. It is counting the wrong way down a dual carriage way as an exit!

I think uou'll find this is how many apps handle these junctions.
Pagemakers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TT2 didn't do this at all.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, mind did and still does Confused
Pagemakers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - I don't disagree with you, however...

There is an island down the road from me with a dual carriage way. TT2 says take the 2nd exit and TT3 the 3rd. TT2 is correct.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent had any of these problems at all the address look up is fine for me as is the routing

any map data is out of date as soon as its released because coucills change road layout on a weekly basis it would be imposible to keep up

the only problem ive found the part of the a 419 to swindon the map data seams to be off as tt shows you on the a435 some 200yds away but it no big deal tt2 and 1 did the same as for the m6 toll its 23ish mile straight road with big blue signs 1 mile and 1/2 before the juctions

the thing to remember with any satnav solution is that you still have to use your brain ocasionally anyway its not totally idiot proof. not that im calling anyone an idiot

the street look up problems were present inn both older versions on navigtor to and also so cities and town werent named on the map but if you serched the area you could still find the map

my point is that nothing is perfect from what ive read most of the other ppc nav solutions have similar problems so it seams tomtom arent the only ones having these problems

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: