Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 9.024 Tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 9.024 Tomtom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crypticx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Navcore 9.024 Tomtom Reply with quote

anyone know what changes.this makes .ie is it better .can i put this on tomtom go 730.thanks for any replies

Edit to thread title - Mike Alder
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand that Navcore 9x allows for faster downloads to models it was meant for and, I think, allows for the saving of Favourites when upgrading maps, I don't think it particularly wise to install that firmware on a 720 or 730 at this point. It's not been officially offered that I know for these models and, in my opinion, won't do anything beneficial for us with these Tom Toms.

Just my opinion ......... Confused
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
While I understand that Navcore 9x allows for faster downloads to models it was meant for and, I think, allows for the saving of Favourites when upgrading maps, I don't think it particularly wise to install that firmware on a 720 or 730 at this point. It's not been officially offered that I know for these models and, in my opinion, won't do anything beneficial for us with these Tom Toms.

Just my opinion ......... Confused

would it work on a 940 ? only had it a couple of weeks, thinking of about installing it, as i am a class 1 hgv driver, and i believe you can change vechicle profiles to artic, for low bridges etc, etc
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the TomTom web site:

Version 9.024
(GO x50 LIVE, GO x50, XL IQ Routes, ONE IQ Routes)
This update fixes the following bugs:
Imported entries from the phone book in Russian show question marks instead of Cyrillic letters.
Adding a Greek POI causes the device to crash and reboot.
Computer voices cannot read names with special characters (e.g. é, à, ä, ß, ñ, ø). This effects French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
Other minor bugs

So, all I can say is you may want to try it BUT make sure you've made an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents first. If the application works, it works. If not, well at least you can roll back to your current version.
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9.025 adds the safety camera wrong speed bug, 9.026 is rumoured to be out.
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
This is from the TomTom web site:

Version 9.024
(GO x50 LIVE, GO x50, XL IQ Routes, ONE IQ Routes)
This update fixes the following bugs:
Imported entries from the phone book in Russian show question marks instead of Cyrillic letters.
Adding a Greek POI causes the device to crash and reboot.
Computer voices cannot read names with special characters (e.g. é, à, ä, ß, ñ, ø). This effects French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
Other minor bugs

So, all I can say is you may want to try it BUT make sure you've made an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents first. If the application works, it works. If not, well at least you can roll back to your current version.

if i install this version, will i still keep the same maps i.e uk,europe and usa ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, changing the software version should not affect your existing maps.

BUT, you still have to accept that the version mentioned isn't intended for the model you have. It may work, it may work A BIT (but crash a lot) or it may not work at all.
If you have good backups and know how to use them, you may be OK playing around with software intended for other models, but it's still quite possible to break things badly (for example by updating the bootloader and not being able to get back to where you were).

Finally, the version you mention DOESN'T have the extra features for changing vehicle profiles or for low bridges. You would need an earlier version for that (see previous topics on this forum for more details).
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Yes, changing the software version should not affect your existing maps.

BUT, you still have to accept that the version mentioned isn't intended for the model you have. It may work, it may work A BIT (but crash a lot) or it may not work at all.
If you have good backups and know how to use them, you may be OK playing around with software intended for other models, but it's still quite possible to break things badly (for example by updating the bootloader and not being able to get back to where you were).

Finally, the version you mention DOESN'T have the extra features for changing vehicle profiles or for low bridges. You would need an earlier version for that (see previous topics on this forum for more details).

this is the million dollar question now ! do you know if tom tom will be doing a upgrade for my 940, which will have the change vechile profiles im after, i dont really fancy messing around with software not meant for my device for 2 reasons, im not quite sure what im doing for starters ! and i dont want to end up with a exspensive brick, would it be better to wait until there is a proper upgrade for my 940 ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only guess that Navcore 9 software will be released at some point for the x40 range as its the next logical release, what it will offer is anyones guess but I very much doubt you will see the vehicle profile appear, strange menu options only tend to surface when you run software on the device that is intended for something else! - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: