Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My own POI's either from AR2004 or Os Grid
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My own POI's either from AR2004 or Os Grid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: My own POI's either from AR2004 or Os Grid Reply with quote

I am a telecoms engineer and use a HP2210 with TT3 (BT).

Is there a way of importing POI's into TT3 using OS grid info (either manually or automatically from a file)?

Or, before days of PDA I used AR2004 and there pushpins (imported from a CSV File) to show me where the sites I was working on are and then printed of a map/route for each site for that week. Is there a way of importing these pushpins from AR2004 to POI's on TomTom3. There are several thousand POI's, although with some editing I could probably save them into regions to reduce the number.

How many POI's can TT3 support?

Thanks in advance

Steve.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Davies' POIconvertor should convert your AutoRoute pushpins (I believe give or take some slight errors with recent versions of AutoRoute). He's the very helpful "Oldie" in the forums - though he's currently on holiday.

You can get the program here (click the word in the smaller type).

There is a hard limit to the number of POI files you can have active at once - I believe it's 128 files in Navigator 2 2.22 and onwards (including all versions of Navigator 3). There's no particular limit as to the number of points in each POI file, but performance - especially search performance - deteriorates the more points you have in each file.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: