Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - "Premium TMC" on Navigon?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

"Premium TMC" on Navigon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonnyhifi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well: I have an 8450 live: (had it a week or so), purchased from Navigon themselves, via their online europe portal.

I like it: but there are 2 bugs in the software:
1. if you hve spped camera alert on : it crashes the software (total reset) every time it wants to tell you about one.
On phoning them: they know there is a bug: and they say that a work around for now; is to load more than one map... !?!?!

2. this bug is more irritating: and I told them of this some days back: but they dont' have anything useful to say:

When I first got it; the TMC data showed up nicely (though I didn't get to drive anywhere where it would have caused a reclaculation of route: but I presume that works.): but after activating the "live" services and downloading the UK Q4 09 map: which I did a tthe smae time: the TMC data stopped being recieved: and there's no sign of any "live" traffic data either. Really annoying. It rather smacks of "the paint is still wet" Laughing Out Loud.

Clearly it is a software bug: in that the google search, and weather report work a treat (and I'm surprised the weather one I find really useful... I thought that would be a gimmick, wheras google search seems pretty rubbish--for my needs.)

I can;'t see anywhere within the software where there is an option to "toggle" TMC/ live data ...

once it starts workign I'll report back.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonnyhifi - re your last query about toggling TMC. The Live Services User manual says in Section 5
Quote:
Use NAVIGON Live Services: Select whether you want NAVIGON Live services
to be available (Yes or No).
Source of Traffic Information: Select the source of traffic information you want to
use (radio stations or NAVIGON Live services). NAVIGON Live services
also use floating car data from numerous vehicles to analyse the traffic
situation. As the result they often provide more information and sooner.
Have you got a copy of this manual? If not I can pm you a link to it, kindly sent to me by jonandmarkuk.

On a more general note, as far as I can see, Navigon have hit some sort of contractual snag with Live TMC (see earlier posts). They have removed the 8450/6350 'buy now' option from the UK site, with no 'expected delivery' date, and the Live service add-on for the 8410/6310 models seems to have now disappeared from the Functions list on the UK site (unless I am looking in the wrong place this time) where it WAS still there a couple of days ago. The non-UK sites still show everything as expected.

So the reason you may have lost the service for the moment MAY be because Navigon have lost it!! Temporarily I hope, as I have been holding off from my purchase until this is cleared up. Sad
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
So the reason you may have lost the service for the moment MAY be because Navigon have lost it!! Temporarily I hope, as I have been holding off from my purchase until this is cleared up. Sad

I will echo this statement as the Live service is not yet working on the iPhone which I am let to believe uses the same server and data. Navigon response was 'problems with UK system but will be up soon but don't yet have a timescale'.

They offered me a extension on my subscription when I emailed them so I suggest you do the same.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mark911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the navigon 4350 max yesterday at Halfords who seem to get a special deal?

On installing the software NAVIGON fresh and checked what is installed and activated on the 4350max it states that Premium TMC is already there and activated

Hopefully it will be useful in my drives up and down the M1 !
Jonnyhifi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here i am on dec 17th still doesn't work: have phoned up 4 times I think now, and Navigon say "we don't know why it doesn't work; but other in teh UK are working... but we will get back to you. don't worry about the live services subsription we will reset that at our end"... so I hope they do.

Has anyone else expereinced ongoing problems ?

It appears depsite the manual that Big Perk referrred ot above: there is no way to drop operation back to "just TMC". which Navigion confirmed on the phone calls -- they said "there is no need for it; as the live service should offer superior funcitonality...

Bum.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there is no need for it; as the live service should offer superior funcitonality...
I'm sure it will ... when they implement Live Traffic in the UK Evil or Very Mad Which it still doesn't seem to be judging by their unchanged website with no 'buy' dates for the two 'Live' models - despite what they said to you, about it working in the UK, I bet jonandmarkuk stilll hasn't got it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: