Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom - Still no delivery for TTN3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom - Still no delivery for TTN3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: TomTom - Still no delivery for TTN3 Reply with quote

I order it 14th April 11.55 pm (source - TomTom). Paid for it on the 14th April (source - American Express). TomTom received Payment 20th April 2004 (source-TomTom). As at now (Monday 17th May 2004) my order is still partially shipped. That is more than 28 days after ordering. The shipping status date is 16th April! Work that one out.

I never got a confirmation email and phoned them.. Got an email back confirming all was ok (27th April). An hour later on I was offered the upgrade via email.. (conspiracy theorists enjoy that one too).

Chased again 11th May. Automated response 24 hours later. I immediately told them I was not happy as they had not answered my question, which was "if other people ordered on 14th have had theirs, where's mine?" Still no response (17th May).

So the question is does anyone else still have an outstanding order around that time or is mine floating around the cess pit on TomTom's ordering system....?
RichardS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're very slow. I ordered my upgrade at roughly the same time (15 April), credit card billed 21 April, and I finally received an email over this weekend (15 May) saying it had been sent by UPS, and it's finally arrived today.

Seeing other posts on this forum about others receiving upgrades, I think the despatch priority is totally random.

Richard
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The despatch order seems to be somewhat random. I can't think that there's many people still waiting for a Navigator 3 upgrade now, though.

David
ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scenario is exactly the same as your's Simon, sent an e-mail to them last night this is the reply I received today.

"We regard this as a very serious issue.
We will take up this matter with our distributor. We will make sure you will receive your package as soon as possible.
Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience, "

Just have to wait as to what happens next.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any changes I'lllet you know, but I am still awaiting a reply
ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are possibly moving with my order. Just visited the TT website and my order now reads.

Warehouse 18-05-2004 03:45:07 PM

Not in any big panic to install as I own a 2210 and there seems to be numerous issues with TT3 and the 2210, it's just the principle of taking your money long before they intend shipping the goods.
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a quick quesion, Does warehouse mean it's about to be shipped?

I've not ordered an upgrade, just the software only. It says Captured for Order status (So they have the money from my card) The shipping status is Warehouse, and has been for 24 hours now, i expect from previous parts of this thread that i may still be in for a long wait.

Thanks for any info,

Jas
----
HP iPAQ 5550
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Ware House Reply with quote

Don't get your hopes up... My upgarde has been in the "warehouse" since 16 April and no sign yet of it moving, despite several calls to TT and countless emails...

Sad
sdharris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an order for the upgrade at the start of the month and it was sent out within the week, only problem is UPS delivered it to an address in Nottingham. TomTom were useless trying to find out what happened, in the end I spoke with UPS who said they could not locate my postcode in their database so contacted the sender who asked them to deliver to Nottingham. Its funny that no other delivery firm has had problems finding my house, but it seems UPS have a few holes in the their database.

It was also funny that UPS gave me the full address of who received my order in Nottingham...I won't print it here but if you received a TomTom delivery last week (10 May at about 14:21) and live in Nottingham....that was mine! ;-)

The TomTom site was useless, all this MyTomTom thing really got on my nerves, at the weekend I sent a couple of emails saying I was about to get my credit card company to kick ass (for all the good that will do) and they started to reply apologising at have since confirmed my address and claim to have resent....we shall see.
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, i wish i'd visited this website before placing my order with TomTom directly. I would have used a UK re-seller instead Sad

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bagmans911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness to TomTom (begrudgingly!) they got my upgrade out pretty quickly, I think it is just luck of the draw!
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've sent an email asking why they have took my money and not shipped the goods and they have send their ususal someone will answer and then nothing! I then tried to phone them but their operator doesnt seem to want to answer the phone, does anyone here know the TomTom sales extension number ?

Thanks

Jas
ali
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little update, recieved the confirmation email that my order as been despatched but the twist is it's only a part order as they are out of stock of the software.

I think I am getting the GB maps but there email is rather unclear, just have to wait and see.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Update.. Still not recieved anything except.. we are taking this seriuosly sh*t.. I asked "good let me know what the dispatch company say" two days later they automatically close the call as I had not responded (lying B88tards).

Still partially shipped after 6 weeks. I love TT2. I want to experience TT3 (and it's failing).

At what point do I ask my credit card company to intervene? Is this a problem as it is a Dutch company (although I am using Amex!).

Enough is Enough. I'm looking for a head on a block!
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got somewhere.. Got drunk and wrote a slightly disjointed email to the named PR person in Holland.

Sir,

Please let me apologise for contacting you directly, but as a disgruntled customer about to write to the Pocket PC Press and complain bitterly about the sharp practices of the business you represent, I thought it only far to ask you for your response before I continue my long trudge of disapproval.

I have been a TomTom customer for over 6 years (Psion 3, then 5, then Pocket PC up to today with TTN2).

On April 14th I placed my order for the Upgrade to TTN3. Lets not make any bones about this, that is six weeks ago. Your company took the money immediately and that is the last I have heard. It is now six weeks and still my product has not been shipped. Support, (when they deem you worthy of a reply) tells me that they are going to ask their shipper what has happened. Then they close the call. What customer Service is that?

I then find out today, someone ordered their upgrade last week and will receive it today (Tuesday).

Am I being persecuted for being a loyal customer?

Enough is Enough.

Please accept this as confirmation that I will be speaking to my credit card company about the “mis-use” of my funds and lack of delivery. At best, this is legalised theft at worst, fraud.

I am not the only one feeling this way. Have a wander around www.pocketgps.com and look at the TomTom forum. Please do not give me the “we are victims of our own success” speech. You know how many copies of TTN2 are out there and which language and maps are required, plus new sales, would mean you produce the same number. Do that for launch and everyone would be happy! Are TomTom suggesting waiting six weeks is normal practice?

I look forward to your reply.

Anyway, got this message today:-

Dear Mr Catlin,

I acknowledge receipt of your Email to our PR department. I understand your situation and I apologize for the delay in your delivery.

Due to the circonstances, I am going personally to send your upgrade of Great Britain Navigator in express directly from our office in Amsterdam.

Your upgrade will be sent today by DHL. You will receive it within two business days.

I am at your disposal if you need any further information.

I hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Should be here for Friday then (hopefully)?

Anyone else still struggling?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: