Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Custom Pois for iphone CoPilot Live app
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Pois for iphone CoPilot Live app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morfeas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Custom Pois for iphone CoPilot Live app Reply with quote

Doew anyone know how can I make my own POIs for the iphone CoPilot Live app?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the moment you can't as it was disabled in the most recent 'update' on all versions (iphone, android and, i think, winmo).

previous versions you could copy ov2 files onto a jailbroken phone to get them on.

apparently ALK are working on a way to install custom pois onto non-jailbroken phones but, if i'm honest, i can;t see it being any time soon...!

MaFt
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to add custom POI's to non jail broken iPhones would be an excellent addition. The one thing I miss is not having PGPSW data base installed.
casanach
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Pois for iphone CoPilot Live app Reply with quote

morfeas wrote:
Doew anyone know how can I make my own POIs for the iphone CoPilot Live app?

Hi
Just managed to make Speed Cam POIs work on iPhone 3GS. Bad news is that it needs to be Jail Broken first, although it's not difficult and it's all on Google. Make sure you use the correct version of BlackRa1n and that your OS, Baseband and iTunes are the latest version. Then disable auto sync in iTunes. You can still sync to update AppStore programs but it's best done manually. Don't upgrade the OS in the future without you have checked on the WWW that it is compatible with your version of the J/B.

POIs need to be in CSV format, have no underscores in the name and placed as described in the download instructions on this site. Caveat: if you only have the UK_Ireland map its not the EU/Save directory but the one below it. EU/Save/UK_Ireland/Save.
When you get it all working the data goes even further down the tree, but it is self evident where it is. Not sure where I put next weeks update but will find out soon enough.

Ok. I know the question was generic custom POIs. Easiest is to use CSV format POIs. Plenty of resources on the WWW. Also there are converter programs, POI Edit worked well for me in the past and if you're are real masochist you can just type away in Excel:)

This took me a week to figure out, the underscores appear to be the biggest problem although I have no idea why, thanks to some who pointed that out on, I think, the Android forum. Good luck all.
Casanach

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: