Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sounds help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sounds help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogweed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Sounds help needed Reply with quote

This is driving me CRAZY Mad

I've got the latest PGPSW speed camera files loaded (UK Speed Zoned) and I've got Liz Whittacker's voice as the warning, ie, "Warning! GATSO ahead - speed limit xx mph" and that all works brilliantly.

However, even when there are no speed cameras around (so no warning needed at all), the darn thing gives out three "bongs" at 40mph, 50mph, 60mph and 80mph.

I've never set it to warn me about anything, and I've certainly never asked it to bong at me. How can I stop it - but still keep voice warnings for speed cams and voice directions???

Sorry, should have said - TomTom GO700 App. V7.903, Western_and_Central_Europe map V720.1803, GPS V1.21, Boot 5.4201
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've just driven me crazy going through every option in my GO700 menus, not finding what I was looking for. But I forgive you, because in turning to explore it, I realised I'd left it outside on the windscreen! Embarassed

In more recent Application versions (I see you've upgraded to 7.903) TT introduced Change Preferences... Safety Preferences... "Warn when driving faster than allowed" which alerts if you exceed whatever speed limit TT thinks is on that road. Have a look to see if that option is now available to you in 7.903 (I don't know - my GO700 works just fine with App 6.520 and map 675 - it ain't broke so I ain't gonna fix it with "upgrades"!). With new downloads, TT have a habit of putting in default settings which they think are appropriate and you may have suffered this.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Mogweed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Dennis. The option is available and was operational so I've now deselected it and I'll see what happens tomorrow.

If it works, I'll owe you a few pints for saving my sanity Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kicks in at about 4mph above the speed limit, so with your car speedo reading x% higher than the true TomTom speed, it would come in at 40 when you're exceeding 30, 50 when exceeding 40 and so on. If you have status bar set to show speed, the speed display will change (colour, or flash or something - varies with App versions) when you go that same 3 or 4mph over the limit.

Instead of the pints, could you make it next Friday's numbers for Euromillions? Twisted Evil

Mogweed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis my friend, you are a genious - it worked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You've saved my sanity and my marriage - thanks very much mate, much appreciated.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I'll go look in my PMs for Friday's numbers, shall I?

PS Slapped wrist! If you don't exceed the speed limit you don't get those warnings anyway (and you don't get "Points mean fines", either). Twisted Evil

Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mogweed wrote:
Dennis my friend, you are a genious - it worked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You've saved my sanity and my marriage - thanks very much mate, much appreciated.

The other way to stop it is to keep within the speed limit! Wink

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth remembering that the speed limit is the speed on those big circle signs by the side of the road and not what your TT thinks it should be.

If I had this turned on, it would be beeping like mad on a local 70 limit road where the TT says it's 30. Sad
Brodit ProClip mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: