Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Icons Greyed out
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Icons Greyed out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I now understand ttn and its function. Rolling Eyes

The "Height" app requires ttn to be placed in the root, containing:-
#! /bin/sh
LD_PRELOAD=/mnt/sdcard/Height/height.so ttn

This has worked for 18 months without problem, but now appears to screw up the icons if it's (ttn) present. Remove it, and everything's fine (except the Height app).

Any ideas?

Crying or Very sad
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goltho, this one is a puzzle for me too. Until recently I had "Height" and a few other 3rd party apps running on my 730. I deleted them and took my TT back to my earliest saved settings to test for the available "Free RAM" to answer a different post on this forum. Since then I have been unable to get my 730 back to it's "custom" condition despite a complete un-install (and resets and formats and ClearFlashes, etc.) and re-install of the last back up I made just before the "RAM Test".

I don't think it helps with so many various/conflicting instructions available on the Web about which Folders and Files are associated with Height and where they are placed so I am ploughing my way through the various combinations and permutations. A simple copy/paste of the last set-up does not work.

If you find a solution, please post it here and let us know. I shall do likewise.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
I don't think it helps with so many various/conflicting instructions available on the Web about which Folders and Files are associated with Height

Actually, I've only ever found one, which is a folder called "Height" containing the two files, and file ttn in the root folder, containing the two lines it's supplied with. Nothing's changed in any way in my set-up, but the missing/greyed-out icon issue started about a week ago.

I can now say with certainty that it's the presence of the ttn file which causes the icons issue, but that it never did so until recently. That's why I'm stumped. Sad

Dougie.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goltho wrote:
........ I've only ever found one, which is a folder called "Height" containing the two files, and file ttn in the root folder, containing the two lines it's supplied with. Nothing's changed in any way in my set-up, but the missing/greyed-out icon issue started about a week ago.

I can now say with certainty that it's the presence of the ttn file which causes the icons issue, but that it never did so until recently. That's why I'm stumped. Sad

Dougie.

goltho, I agree with you about the Height folder needing two files and placing this, with the single .ttn file, into root but, as you say, it doesn't seem to work. All other folders and files which appear after unpacking the height_11.rar file, can be ignored - I think, Confused

Are you using any other 3rd party apps? If so, the .ttn file needs to be configured to reflect this.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Are you using any other 3rd party apps? If so, the .ttn file needs to be configured to reflect this.

I'm not - and never have. It would be useful if someone had knowledge of under what "normal" circumstances Bluetooth & Enable Wireless Data icons are greyed out, and the Mobile Phones icon missing.

Anyone?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goltho, I managed to get my 730 working with "Height" and no greyed out icons this morning, how are you getting on?.

I went to Joghurts website http://gps.dg4sfw.de/ and downloaded the latest version of Height, currently v11.

I downloaded Height_11.zip, unpacked it with WinRar which gave me a .toc file and a .cab file. Unpacking the .cab file with WinRar gives a new Height_11 folder which contains two new folders (Height & ttninit) and the .ttn file.

I renamed the "Height" folder to "height" (not sure that this is really necessary but I have read it more than once on the Web) and then copied the folders "height", "ttninit" and the file "ttn" to the TT730's root.

After switching off and then a pin-reset, everything works. Early days yet as I now have to put back my other 3rd party apps and I'm sure to run into more problems. Confused

It looks like Height_11 needs the additional folder "ttninit" and it's contents although this information is missing from the install instructions.

Good Luck goltho.

If you are reading this Joghurt, Many thanks for v11. This version works better for my setup as I'm always changing my TT's StatusBar display from horizontal to vertical and back again and it appears that I no longer have to keep changing the "d" and "n" values accordingly - It's Automatic, Hurrah!. Very Happy
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
goltho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols,

I'm very grateful to you for this - it's resolved the issue completely. Very Happy I see that Height_11 includes a list of recent fixes, including "Bluetooth problem", and indeed, it has fixed it.

Good job all round - thanks again.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goltho, I'm glad it has worked for you. Sadly I have crashed and burned.

I foresaw compatibility problems with the other 3rd party apps I desired, namely TomPlayer and nmeaLogger, and my foreboding was justified. I can have them working individually but they just don't want to work together. HeyHo!

I have three weeks before my next big trip. Until then I shall be hacking away at the various ttn, sdkregister, etc. files. So any ideas would be welcome. Anybody?
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
tenorplayer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 910 has the send message(text) page all greyed out but data transfer ie weather and quickfix are all right. I have hands free disabled and data enabled as I always have but this is a new issue
TT go 910+v7.903

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: