Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map 835.2419 Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map 835.2419 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem as you Tommy3090 and Seamaster. All I could think of doing was reinstalling everything, given that that would inevitably be TomTom's first suggestion anyway. I deleted all the program data and the new map folder and manually unpacked the cab and.zip files from Home back onto the GO740. It worked for me, it might work for you.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to know if anyone has found any improvements with the new maps. All the roads around my area which were wrong before are still wrong. So, what did I pay all that money for?

Alan
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
I'd be interested to know if anyone has found any improvements with the new maps.

I downloaded the new maps yesterday morning. Very quick. Took less than 10min to download, install, and reboot device.

I've noticed a few changes. since upgrading to the new map and the new firmware.

1) Since upgrading the map, I have found more errors than fixes and the same significant changes to A/M roads that were reported several map issues ago that have not been fixed. So basically I have a new map that is lees up-to-date than the old one. I had 832 Map share corrections the first time I updated.

2) The device now appears to have a longer battery life on this current firmware. The previous firmware it would last apx an hour and a half from fully charged. Now it will last just over two hours.

3) When on 2D map view, I can now zoom out far further than before before I start to loose any of the map detail.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
Tommy3090
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy3090 wrote:
Installed latest map then my traffic subscription stopped working.
Could log on to TT server & get weather forecast but Traffic was not showing in "My Services"

Down graded to a back up version (just deleted Western Europe folder) then copied backup.

Everything working ok now Shocked

I've reported the Traffic issue to TT just wait for the reply now.
If they don't come back with a fix soon could be claiming a refund Wink

Latest from TT support -

"I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department."

Here's hoping Question
Western Europe map version v895.4453
PGPSW Camera Alert
darrenintheeast
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

I have a TomTom ONE XL

Can anybody help with what application software version i have ?

mine shows App 8.010 ( 9369/080529) OS: 190943

havent a clue what those numbers mean.....But my TT is running a bit slow and if it needs an update that may cure it

darren
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy3090 wrote:
Installed latest map then my traffic subscription stopped working.
Could log on to TT server & get weather forecast but Traffic was not showing in "My Services"

I'm having even more fun with mine now. Fuel Prices show in My Services, but do not work! It just tells me I can join this Service using TomTom Home!

edit:

Fixed all live services problems. This time instead of just deleting and reinstalling the navcore, I also deleted the fuel data and speed cameras, ran clear flash then put the navcore back on. Reset it and fuel prices updated as they should through home and live traffic works. Phew.

Last edited by Matt865 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought for those of us that have lost the HD traffic, I haven't yet updated my copy of home, and I'm still on version 2.6. Can't see why that would make any difference but who knows?
Still no reply from TomTom (Sent Thursday lunch time) but reading the other posts they don't have a clue what's going on.
Still, at least they're consistent!

Keith
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i'm having the same problem lost HD traffic with the new map update. same here it says to goto Tomtom home and subscribe. Tried format of internal memory. Reinstalled app via home the put backup of old version of map back on. Traffic was back then updated map to new version and lost traffic. Where do you get the Clear flash from and the download of Navcore.
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated and suffered yet again the ubiquitous TT problem that the machine goes into a start/stop loop until you delete the map.cfg file. Every map upgrade I have done suffered from this problem, and while it is simple enough to resolve, if you know what the problem is, it really is ridiculous that TT cannot get their act together and resolve this ridiculous situation.
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here with the HD traffic. I phoned TomTom UK and the guy would not believe I had weather etc but no traffic. "Thats not possible" he said!
Anyway after going through resets etc etc, escalated to 2nd line technical support.
See what happens Monday.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 835 map seems to me to be a horrible mistake.

I have no inside knowledge, so this is pure speculation...

The next series (x50?) must be due any day now. In fact, I'd guess it's already later than they would have liked as they've missed catching the summer holiday. I'd also guess this 835 map is for that new series and the new series has even more extra (and dodgy, as usual) bells and whistles which tie in with this new map.

The map update program has reached its target date for next new map and rather than catch grief for lateness, TT have released map 835 before the x50 devices - previously, new models have come out with new maps and the new maps have been released for earlier models some time later (to avoid older devices upgrading to new device map status instead of buying new devices).

If there are new device and (new) Navcore specific features in this map, it wouldn't be surprising if it falls over on "older" models.

As TT have once again released it just before the weekend, I shall not be surprised if map 835 is withdrawn in the next couple of days. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
davedoubledecks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On a different note and I may have missed someone's submission, but since installing the latest map I have lost TMC-RDS (it hangs and then freezes the TT completely after 10 seconds)

Ive the same problem with my Tomtom One V3 after installing the latest map. When I connect my TMC-RDS to my tomtom after 10 seconds it locks up and restarts. It keeps doing this until I disconnect my TMC-
RDS. It's a pain.!! Evil or Very Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone who is having issues with the RDS-TMC accessory and the new v835 map have a look at the contents of their UK&ROI or European map folder and see if there is a file named tmccodes.dat within it?

You will have to use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the device - Mike
davedoubledecks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah just looked and it's there and it's empty. 0 bytes
Dave
Spacer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TMC just continually searches for signal, and never finds it :-(

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: