Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN2 ---> TTN3 Upgrade!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN2 ---> TTN3 Upgrade!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBoffin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: TTN2 ---> TTN3 Upgrade!!! Reply with quote

Need some advice, as TomTom seem unable to help me!

I've tried to follow the Tomtom website through to purchase the TTN3 upgrade. I entered the CD Serial number, and the upgrade website informs me that the TTN2 serial number is NOT activated!! It then advises me to go to another webpage and activate it!!

The activation page, as i'm sure you're all familiar with asks for an activation code, which is displayed on the PPC as you install the software ... BUT, the software *IS* already installed, so I therefore don't have this!!

Now I sent an email off to tomtom, telling them all this, telling them that I bought the Dell Axim x5, Serial GPS, and TTN2 complete with licenses as a pre-installed package .. so i've Never personally installed TTN2 and therefore also don't have a PC with the installation information on it!!! I also asked them if its safe for me to just re-install TTN2 or would that lead to other complications.

However, I got back initially an automated response saying, someone will shortly be looking at my questions ... ok, so far... then I got back an email pointing me to the TTN3 FAQ .. this was an HTML email .. which didn't display very well in my email client, but none-the-less I was able to read the FAQ and find that my problem hadn't been discussed in it, so I reply to the email saying thanks for the info ... BUT it doesn't answer my question ... and I get back an automated email saying my query was invalid and I should have put it between two lines!!!!! Ack!!!

Soooooo.... I'm looking for some guidance from you lot!!! What do I do?? (and please don't tell me not to both upgrading...) If I can re-install my TTN2, and activate it ... then will I also not be eligable for a free upgrade??

Any *sensible* suggestions and help will be appreciated here!!!

Thanks folks

Brian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take a back-up, do a hard reset, and then reload TT2, you will probably then be asked to re-activate it. I am sure that's what happened when I did this. You can then reload from your back-up and it will be activated.......

Steve.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: