Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brand new 540. Error Code: 107. No LIVE services available.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brand new 540. Error Code: 107. No LIVE services available.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Halfords actually showed you one that worked next to yours from Amazon that didn't, why don't you send yours straight back to Amazon and buy the Halfords' one Confused ?
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon £202.73
Halfords £249.99

That's a lot of difference. But, you are right... Given the pain we have gone through, we might have been better off.

Still not connecting this morning.

Z
apt101070
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zardoz wrote:
Ok, I know this could be getting boring for some, but here is the latest on this saga.

We have linked the device to an email address via TT-Home. We have updated everything there is to update on the unit, again via TT-Home, including the UK&IRL map.

So, it's known to the TT network servers, and at the latest firmware. Still doesn't connect via GPRS and shows Error code: 107.

I am running out of patience, fast.

Z.

I'm stuck as well tried everything even a master reset, still with no joy, done all the updates but still no live services " tomtom live services do not work abroad or in an area without coverage error code 107"
tubbydogs2009
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its any consolation I had exactly the same problem, unit from amazon, contacted tomtom and did all they advised, reset upgrade etc etc, they suggested returning it to amazon, got a new unit from them and it works fine, in coversation with the guy at amazon he said that " they are getting loads of 540's back" and " we think its a faulty batch"
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good enough for me... repacked and getting the Returns note printed.

We will not be getting another from Amazon as we will insist on seeing it operational before payment.

Z.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask Amazon to replace it, the new one will be in the post immediately before you even send the old one back. It will have been pure bad luck that the one Amazon supplied was faulty.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a stretch of bad 740's here in the States as well, same 107 error code. One user went thru 2 bad devices before getting the third one right. I have seen only one post on a US forum with this issue in the past two or three weeks, so with any luck they've already worked their way out of the system.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Halfords and got a new one. Worked first time, straight out of the box.

This has to be a bad batch at Amazon.

Z
apt101070
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

returned original to amazon, got refunded as they were out of stock , brought 1 from halfords and got same problem lmao NOT!!!, returned it today and the nice man exchanged it for a 740 as they were out out 540's. the 740 works fine straight from the box. happy at last, got to say halfords were very helpful.
red-max
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zardoz wrote:
Went to Halfords and got a new one. Worked first time, straight out of the box.

This has to be a bad batch at Amazon.

Z

Just received my new TomTom GO 540 LIVE from Amazon.co.uk this morning; it works fine except for the LIVE part ... yes, Error code: 107

There's nothing useful about this error on the TomTom support site, but a quick Google brought me to this thread.

I've opened a case with TomTom support, but from what I've read here, I suspect I'll need to return the unit.

Bah.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send it back to Amazon.

TomTom help are never any help whatsoever!
red-max
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
Just send it back to Amazon.
TomTom help are never any help whatsoever!

Thanks for the advice - I filled out the Amazon Returns form, and there's no option to replace the unit, only a refund. Looking at the Amazon.co.uk site, it looks like they've pulled the Go 540 LIVE (for now) - they've got the Go 540 for £234.99 (no LIVE).

So I went to the local Dixons and bought a Go 540 LIVE there, cost £249.99 but at least I could try it straight away, and the LIVE service worked right out of the box, with no configuration.

So that's all sorted, except for the hassle of having to register with TomTom HOME using a different email address - it just wouldn't let me re-assign the new TomTom device to my existing account.

I hope it's all been worthwhile ... I've seen some comments that the TomTom speed camera database isn't as up-to-date as it could be... I was hoping it would be as good as my Road Angel... but sorry, getting off topic.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice, it was good to find an answer to the error code 107 problem on this forum.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ever register two TomTom devices using the same e-mail it causes all sorts of problems, unless you enjoy jumping through hoops and dealing with red tape in quantities that could supply an entire wardrobe for Red Riding Hood!

As for the Speed Camera Database that is installed to your new toy, I am sure Road Angel would be most interested if you find the data of a lessor quality than your earlier device using their data as they supply the database for the Go-x40 Live products. If you find the data is poor consider the database from this site instead, give it a go to start with though and see what you think - Look for Mobile camera locations as a specific example - Mike
red-max
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a reply from TomTom suport - too late for me as I have returned the "faulty" unit to Amazon, but it might be worth a try for anyone else with the Error code 107 problem. They suggest the following:

1. Charge device for 4 hours
2. Reset to factory settings via preferences menu
3. Update and install new applicaation software via TT Home (and reboot)
4. Make sure you have a stong GPS signal
5. Check network status should show CONNECTED
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

red-max wrote:
Had a reply from TomTom suport - too late for me as I have returned the "faulty" unit to Amazon, but it might be worth a try for anyone else with the Error code 107 problem. They suggest the following:

1. Charge device for 4 hours
2. Reset to factory settings via preferences menu
3. Update and install new applicaation software via TT Home (and reboot)
4. Make sure you have a stong GPS signal
5. Check network status should show CONNECTED

This is just their generic advice. It will not fix Error code 107 faulty units. We tried this multiple times with both the units we had and it made no difference at all. By all means try, but if it doesn't work "out of the box", it probably never will. Be warned however that some retailers may take the view that updating the software on the unit means you have meddled with it and refuse to accept it back for a replacement or refund as it is no longer "as sold".

Z.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: