Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Recent TMC reception in the North West (or lack of it?)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent TMC reception in the North West (or lack of it?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Recent TMC reception in the North West (or lack of it?) Reply with quote

Has anbody experienced poor reception in the North West (Liverpool, Preston, Blackpool) in the past week or two?

I'm trying to rule out my equipment - I recently bought one of those TomTom TMC receivers from Currys - but didn't manage to get any reception with it.

And for the last week or so, I've not seen much reception with my GTM-21 connected to my Garmin C550.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a few times when the lock for TMC on my TomTom 520, using the RDS-TMC aerial that was available just before the mini-USB version (.014 I think), has taken up to 10 minutes, but once connected, it stays up and running throughout my trips.

If I disconnect the adaptor and then reconnect, it will get a lock almost straight away.

I've done three trips of over 100 miles in the last couple of days and it seems to have worked most of the time.

EDIT - I should have said that my trips have been in the Blackburn / Bolton, Ormskirk / St Helens & Liverpool areas.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: