Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Release date of next TomTom UK map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Release date of next TomTom UK map
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if the instructions here are useful to you.
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried to extract the files to a new folder, but there was an error so I won't be able to do that.

I will check a little later to compare my zip file contents with yours Mike - thanks for sending through the screenshot.

I guess TomTom don't supply new maps on a CD?

Cheers,

J-P
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, the contents of my zip folder were the same as yours. The files were all the same, although the files sizes were a little different.
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error in extracting the zipped files occurs during the extraction of "crpoi.dat". I guess this is the corrupt file then?!?!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract all the files EXCEPT crpoi.dat to a known location on your computer, then unzip the activation_map_50694.cab to the computer

Add the resultant .meta.dct file from the activation_map_50694.cab to the main folder containing all the other files then use Windows Explorer to copy the folder to the device - The map should be selectable and useable - If you need more detailed information on what to do please ask as this should be possible to get working the crpoi.dat file isn't that important and the map will work without the file, we can then work out how to get the correct file to you once you have the map working - Mike
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done it! Very pleased!

I managed to extract all files but for the crpoi.dat file into a new folder. Then I downloaded the crpoi.dat file from a previous link that you posted (the Megaupload link) and copied it into the folder with all the other files. Then I zipped all of these up into a new "Western_And_Central_Europe_2GB.zip" folder and used this in TT Home to add the new map, which was showing as on my computer.

This seems to have worked fine. When I asked the TT to navigate to an address, it first asked me for the country, which I guess is a good sign! And the map seems to work fine.

I haven't downloaded the 4.7MN MapShare update though. I'd rather not risk it just after getting the new map downloaded. Perhaps in a day or two I'll try that. I see that the new link road in High Wycombe hasn't been added to the new map !!!!! Shocked

Thank you very much to everyone on here for your fantastic help to solve this problem. The advice you've given me is great and far better (and quicker) than what TT might have offered me.

Is a new map going to be available soon? I might go for the map update service to get the next map and keep up to date. I hope I don't have to go through this process next time - I'm on O2 broadband...!!!

Cheers everyone,

J-P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: