Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 8.351
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 8.351
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your email - phone database files sent
snowman72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used this today and the is still quiet also the map seems to be lagging badly which when your driving a lorry not a good thing i am not happy
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Check your email - phone database files sent

Sorry Andy, those files didnt help yet. Can anyone confirm if they have a folder in their root drive of their tt called "phone_database" and within that folder a file named "connect2internet.tlv". I have this folder in mine and imagine it has something to do with mobile phone use and tt. I have tried andy's sent files, but the unit is still getting stuck on setting up a wireless data connection with my mobile provider, Telstra. Any aussies monitoring this thread, if your tt 920 etc has managed set up a data connection, what folder/files are in your tt??

Jeff
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something you could try.

If you open the .tlv File with WordPad.

In the first line there should be an entry similar to http://num1.id.tomtom.com/12001.

If you browse to this URL it opens an XML File and in the Download Section there's a URL Location.

Paste that URL into your browser and it should download a CAB File which contains the required 3 files that go into the Root of the Unit.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found that site, same files that Andy sent me. thanks but still have same problem.

Jeff
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found that site, same files that Andy sent me. thanks but still have same problem.

Jeff
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a stutter Laughing thats what happens when you have 2 windows open on the same post...Laughing Out Loud

still checking, do people have these 2 files in their root tt, "gprs.conf and gprssettings", I am guessing they have something to do with mobile connection ???

Jeff
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just spent 40 minutes on the phone with tomtom australia support, who initially wouldn't admit any known problems with gprs data in Australia and tt units....to at the end of the call, admission Embarassed that the ver's 835 & 8351 were unstable, there have been a lot of problems reported, including 3rd party applications and gprs data in Australia and to wait for the next update.................. heard this before have we???????

Jeff
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you roll the device back to 8,301 or which ever the last release was prior to the 8,35x Navcores, this should get you everything working again - Mike
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And miss out on the benefits of what ever the updates tried to fix? One of the specfic fixes in 8.351 was to enable EPT for Australia and fix the volume problems. Why should a customer go back wards because the technical supplier can not get their act together? The handsfree with the mobile works fine, the data connection used to work a few versions ago. I will not let them off the hook by just putting up with earlier technology when the latest technology should be bigger and better. If they have not done their QA properly, I will hound them to pick up their game and fix the problems.

I did find a written answer on how to set up a data connection, along with country specific details, through their support section. Still no luck, so I have sent of a support request to TT UK support , to try and get a solution or a written explanation on why it does not work and what they are trying to do about it. Like a dog at a bone...................... Wink
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, rolling back the navcore does not solve the problem.

In my case all my data services ceased, i even rolled back navcore and raised it with TomTom Customer support and I was advised 'off the record' the navcore 8.35 update did something to the data settings preventing certain phones from connecting and that rolling back the navcore does not rectify it.

also, the official reply i got from TomTom was

Quote:

"Response (Mi** *****) 08/06/2009 01.32 PM
Dear Mr J******,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care
The reference number for your query is 0904**-******.

We do not know why the phone is not working and will most likely will have to amend the compatibility list to reflect the issues.

With Kind Regards

The TomTom Customer Care Team"

GO 920 Dead
navver
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having got the very quiet voice & now the hands free will not link to my phone, I've just rolled right back to 8.010 and it's perfect. Nice loud voice and my phone linked straight away on start up.

Just glad I'm too tight to stump up £6.95 a quarter for a still out of date map and can roll back.

It seems that when they went to 8.15 they made a mess of the code and just haven't sorted it out since. Every new release, so say solving the current problem, just seems to cause another. What a mess!
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy After many days and emails to tomtom support, we have finally managed to get my 920 to connect via data connection, through my Sony Ericson K850i, to the www. Very Happy

Jeff
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do tell us how - it may be useful for others to know what did the trick
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try to cut and paste the solution with my reply but I have had to do some editing with some of the symbols they used. All fixed now and solution is below:

Please follow the steps below:

STEP 1 Install the latest version of TomTom Home

If you haven't already done so, please download and Install the latest version of TomTom Home from http://www.tomtom.com/home

STEP 2 Make a Backup

• Reset your TomTom for 30 seconds.
• Connect your TomTom to your computer and switch it on
• On a PC, create a new folder on your desktop and call it 'Backup'

• On a PC, Open 'My Computer', you will see the TomTom as a removable storage device, e.g. TomTom E:, double left click into it.
• Click on Edit ; Select All, then click on 'Edit ; Copy'
• Go to your Backup folder on your desktop that you have created, double left click into it and click on 'Edit ; Paste'

IMPORTANT: We advise you to follow the next steps ONLY if you have made a successful backup of your device as described in Step 2. If you are unable to complete step 2, please reply back to this email and let us know what happens.

STEP 3 Delete the Application Files

• Open My Computer in Windows, you will see the TomTom as a removable disk. Double click into it.
• You will see a list of yellow folders and a list of loose files
• Delete all of the loose files. IMPORTANT: Only the Files not the Yellow Folders
• Now delete the following folders "bin, phonedatabase and PPP" (if available).
• Now we need to disconnect your TomTo m from the computer. Please use the ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ icon in the bottom right hand corner of your computer to disconnect your TomTom from the computer.
• Once disconnected, your TomTom will show a red cross.

STEP 4 - Now we need to delete the application files from your PC so that HOME will offer them as an update

• Now on your Computer, in the system tray, (in the bottom right hand corner by the time, there is a little red TomTom HOME logo, if its not there, click on the little arrow pointing towards left to show all the hidden icons). Right click on the TomTom logo and select exit.
• Click on Start in the bottom left of your PC
• Now select My documents ; TomTom ; HOME ; Download(s)
• Please delete the contents of this folder.
• On your phone delete the device from the bluetooth menu on the phone under paired devices.
• Remove the battery from the phone for at least 3 minutes and then place back into phone

STEP 5 - Update your device

• Reset the TomTom with a paperclip for 30 seconds.
• Connect your device to the PC and turn it on.
• Open TomTom HOME: Start;All Programs;TomTom;TomTom HOME 2.
• HOME will now load your updates (If this does not happen automatically, click on Update My GO on the main menu of HOME.)
• Make sure that only the application is marked with a green tick.
• Click on Update and Install.
• Once Installed, click on Done.
• You will now be prompted by HOME to restart your Device, just click ok.
• In the Top left of HOME, click on 'Device ; Disconnect Device'.
• Now please disconnect your TomTom from the computer and allow it to start up normally.

If you get “No Maps Found” on your TomTom, please repeat Step 5 until the application is no longer offered as an update.

STEP 6 Run the Clear Flash Tool

• Reconnect the TomTom to the computer and switch it on
• Close TomTom Home completely. In the bottom right hand corner of your screen, to the left of the computer clock, right click on the red icon for TomTom Home and choose 'Exit'.
• Click on http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe to run the clear flash tool.
(TomTom Home must be completely closed before running this tool)
• Install the Clear Flash tool
• Disconnect your TomTom from the Computer

Your TomTom should now start as normal. Should this not work, please provide us with the ROM/Firmware version of your mobile phone, which mobile provider you are using and if confirm if you are able to connect to Weather. Also, please provide us with the wireless data settings from your phone (this is something you can get from your mobile provider).

Please let me know if you have any more questions, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you further.

With Kind Regards

The TomTom Customer Care Team

I followed the above to the letter,. Some observations as I went. I was first offered a ver 7 something. Then it updated to the latest version. Now this is where it has differed with reinstalls
I had done in the past. It would offer ver 7, then an early ver 8, then the latest version. The data setup went flawlessly. The tt unit went through the process automatically and used all its own settings. Phone connection update was ver 15. Previous attempts tinkered with different settings. I have not gone into the manual settings to see if they have changed anything from previous. Bottom line, a success without them just saying sorry the mobile doesnt work anymore....

I am not sure whether the above will fix similar problems with mobiles that used to work with data in earlier applications, but it fixed mine, so worth a try. I am inclined to think that these recent application updates have screwed up some settings with some mobiles, but at least a fix.

Jeff

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: