Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot route to POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot route to POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Cannot route to POI Reply with quote

Trying to route to Thorpe Park POI on TT520 from Basingstoke, running App 8.350 and map 830.2305. Can select Thorpe Park from the default POI's and ask the TT to route to it. After calculating the route the TT states 'No route found'

I have tried to route from diffrent locations ie Birmingham with the same result!

Does anyone else have this problem?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of restrictions do you have set in Planning Preferences? Perhaps one (or more) is in conflict with any viable route TT might plan, like a toll road or something?
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no restrictions set that dont ask me if i want to proceed ie toll road on route.

This is a well know the theme Park just outside of London so you would expect it to work. I can find this place with no problem without using a satnav, however you would expect the POI to have been tested. – Did I just say tested, that’s a word that Tomtom deleted along with a previous working nav core
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if a Map Share change has been embodied in the new map that puts the POI location on the wrong side of road block, can you use Browse Map to locate the POI and see if the road to it is actually connected to the road network? - Mike
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I wonder if a Map Share change has been embodied in the new map that puts the POI location on the wrong side of road block, can you use Browse Map to locate the POI and see if the road to it is actually connected to the road network? - Mike

I have noticed with Thorpe Park on the last two or three map versions that the POI is just slightly out of place so that it is not 'routeable' - you can move it slightly with map share (literally a foot or two) so that it's on the entrance road.

It isn't a Map Share corruption, just a mistake with the data that TT use.

edit: although yes, you could be right about TT having integrated the bad data into the maps now.
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road appears to be connected via a roundabout with one way arrows. I have tried to route to the same location using browse map with the same results. If I choose a road further in the complex it will route me but via an route I know does not exist. I think its an emergency route into the complex.

Somehow there must be a blocked road - how would I see one?
washman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

My One XL running v830.2306 map routes to Thorpe Park OK

Mike
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know Thorpe park you will see that the POI is actually placed South West of the Mountbatten Pavillion building (the footpaths look like a roundabout on TomTom) on an Island that is only accessable by foot (for the general public) over a bridge over the lake from the entrance turnstiles. If you look to the right of the bridge you will see the roads which are part of the car park between the A320 roundabout with Mixnams Lane and the Fleet and Abbey Lakes.

Quite simply you are asking TomTom to take you into the centre of a Theme Park where cars cannot go and that it why it should not find the route. Navigate to the entrance of the car park on the A320 (Staines Road) and Mixnam Lane roundabout and you will get there.

TomTom should have blocked the road where it turns left from the car park towards the bridge but they actually did it at the entrance to the car park where there is a no left turn restriction just 20 yards after coming off the A320 roundabout. That no left turn should not be there, but if you remove it, it will allow you to drive into the park itself.
flyingfuzz
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK moved the POI to the real entrance off the roundabout and now it routes OK.

Thanks for all your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: